Jump to content


Beholder

Buckley or Wallace

Recommended Posts

I would like McManaman to be given the start, we need more creativity, perhaps McManaman will be the man to provide for Rhodes.

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


but Wallace never proves these chances, anyway its dinner sod off lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wallace is one of Carlos' most trusted players. When fit, he plays. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest RocketOwl

Westwood 

 

Hunt 

Loovens 

Lees

Reach 

 

Buckley 

Bananna 

Hutchisnon 

Wallace

 

FF

 

Rhodes 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Difficult one with Wallace, he is both a cause of, and solution to some of our problems imo.

 

He often has a screamer in him, also takes a decent set piece, but he struggles to get past a defender and reach the by-line which often contributes to a lack of real creativity from open play.

 

Also when we break forward, when ideally he should be getting into the box or arriving at the back post, he's too far behind the play, the same can be said of Bannan and others, we simply don't get the bodies into the box, when a cross goes in it's a case of find Rhodes, or it's out for a throw in on the other side.

 

There'll be games that suit both ( Newcastle is the sort of game where Wallace is perfect )  but when we're looking to really attack teams at home, maybe the more direct, pacy style of Buckley/McManaman is the way to go.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest RocketOwl

Would like to see Wallace played on left as he did brilliantly there against Bristol City at home 

 

He is our best crosser and if he's on his left he will be able to cross more as opposed to cutting in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, RocketOwl said:

Not sure what game you was watching.

 

We saw the Buckley from Brighton at long last - not quite at that level but definitely on his way and he looked confident and dangerous.

 

 

I wasn't wearing the same rose tinted spectacles as you was that's obvious.

 

Do you have the stats to back up your claim?  Would be interested in what it would show though I do accept it doesn't make for a clear cut point.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest RocketOwl
Just now, Holmes said:

 

I wasn't wearing the same rose tinted spectacles as you was that's obvious.

 

Do you have the stats to back up your claim?  Would be interested in what it would show though I do accept it doesn't make for a clear cut point.

 

 

So you've accused me of being negative about other players to suit you, yet when I say someone has played well I have rose tinted glasses on lol 

 

Think most on here agree I don't praise players for the sake of it. Buckley clearly played well and from what I've read from other posters on the large everyone has agreed hence there is now a post discussing should Buckley start the best game - if he didn't play well do you think Owlstalk would be wanting him to start? Nah.

 

Id watch the game back or stop nodding off mate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest RocketOwl
Just now, RocketOwl said:

So you've accused me of being negative about other players to suit you, yet when I say someone has played well I have rose tinted glasses on lol 

 

Think most on here agree I don't praise players for the sake of it. Buckley clearly played well and from what I've read from other posters on the large everyone has agreed hence there is now a post discussing should Buckley start the next game - if he didn't play well do you think Owlstalk would be wanting him to start? Nah.

 

Id watch the game back or stop nodding off mate.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Holmes said:

Impressive? Thought he was pretty non-descript.  Didn't give a performance screaming at me to keep Wallace out of the side.

That's what i thought... I'd have taken him off with 30 mins left to give matias a run out.

 

Wallace everytime for me

Works hard and chips in with vital goals.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Neither to start............... If FF is fit, play him on the right and Reach on the left. Hutch and Bannan in middle. Rhodes + 1 of Winnall, Hooper, Matias, Fletcher.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Buckley should get another game, he played well so why drop him now, what message would that send to the rest of our squad and also Wallace would know that no matter how he plays, be it good or bad, he still going to keep his place

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RocketOwl said:

So you've accused me of being negative about other players to suit you, yet when I say someone has played well I have rose tinted glasses on lol 

 

Think most on here agree I don't praise players for the sake of it. Buckley clearly played well and from what I've read from other posters on the large everyone has agreed hence there is now a post discussing should Buckley start the best game - if he didn't play well do you think Owlstalk would be wanting him to start? Nah.

 

Id watch the game back or stop nodding off mate.

2

 

I don't think OT should be picking the side that wouldn't be very effective.  (Cue tin hat)

 

Thought the Reading defence coped well with the threat of Buckley, and would have been happy to play against him all night.  

 

I promise to agree with you when you say something I agree with.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest RocketOwl
1 minute ago, offalyowl said:

I think Buckley should get another game, he played well so why drop him now, what message would that send to the rest of our squad and also Wallace would know that no matter how he plays, be it good or bad, he still going to keep his place

bit like Bannan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest RocketOwl
Just now, Holmes said:

 

I don't think OT should be picking the side that wouldn't be very effective.  (Cue tin hat)

 

Thought the Reading defence coped well with the threat of Buckley, and would have been happy to play against him all night.  

 

I promise to agree with you when you say something I agree with.

 

 

Buckley got past them a number of times, had a shot very well saved and a header really well saved. They coped with him due to their keeper.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RocketOwl said:

Buckley got past them a number of times, had a shot very well saved and a header really well saved. They coped with him due to their keeper.

 

 

lol Ironic, I got slagged down for saying the goalie had a brilliant game.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest RocketOwl
Just now, Holmes said:

 

lol Ironic, I got slagged down for saying the goalie had a brilliant game.

 

 

Can we apply your logic with Buckley to

Rhodes then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×