Wait till the end of season

4 minutes ago, daftpenguin said:

Make the change to who then? There isn't anyone out of a job that is proven in this situation and even those who have experience in it have similar experiences of abject failure. We have an international break now to take stock, reassess and hopefully get injured players back. Better doing that than bringing in a new coach, ripping everything up and starting again which would likely see us slide down because there isn't enough time to bed in. The end of the season will bring our decision one way or another. Carlos has arrested drops in form before, it is not outside of the realms of possibility. If he fails to do so again, he will leave the club; if he succeeds and we win promotion I imagine all will be forgiven provided a few centre backs arrive at S6 in summer.

Not read all your post, just the first line...

If anybody is out of a job we don't want them..

Just now, Captain Sl-OWL-ly said:

Not read all your post, just the first line...

Not read all of your post, just the last line. It's good that you support Carlos and want him to stay in his job.

If you think we're tempting someone away from their job with eight games left you're mad. Anyone who would want to take a job eight games away from the end of the season either isn't doing well enough at their own club to warrant seeing it through or isn't worth having.

6 minutes ago, daftpenguin said:

Make the change to who then? There isn't anyone out of a job that is proven in this situation and even those who have experience in it have similar experiences of abject failure. We have an international break now to take stock, reassess and hopefully get injured players back. Better doing that than bringing in a new coach, ripping everything up and starting again which would likely see us slide down because there isn't enough time to bed in. The end of the season will bring our decision one way or another. Carlos has arrested drops in form before, it is not outside of the realms of possibility. If he fails to do so again, he will leave the club; if he succeeds and we win promotion I imagine all will be forgiven provided a few centre backs arrive at S6 in summer.

But those were exactly the same arguments proffered when Dave Jones was brought in. And I was one of the people who proffered them. Jones' philosophy was very different to that of Megson, and I doubted that Jones could make Megson's team play. But boy, did he.

I can't name anybody, none of us can. That's because in the first place we don't know who'd want the job, or what sort of contract Chansiri is prepared to pay. I'd be very surprised if he's not sought advice behind the scenes, although how far he's taken things is anybody's guess. I just don't want us to waste this season, that's all. It's a glorious opportunity with no parachute club being in the play-off places.

Difference is that we knew Jones was coming in when Meggo was on his way out though. It was crummy for Megson and we were upset by it, but it worked because Mandaric had the replacement identified. Anyone who wants our job in this current situation is in all likelihood someone we should be concerned about, because why would they take the job now? Either they'll be out of work and with recent reason or they'd be in a job that was going nowhere and not worth finishing. It's not the same situation as 2012.

9 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

That's like saying that we're not going to stop the leak until it's brought the ceiling down. Once you arrive at the decision that Carlos isn't going to take us up this season...and you'd have to be extremely optimistic to think otherwise...then you're just killing time and playing out the season. Why not make a change and at least have a go? We've got the players to beat the other three play-off teams, so what's to lose?

For me, Carlos is done now, so why stay the execution? It's illogical. If Mandaric had not had the courage to make a change, then we might not be in this position in the first place, and the Blades might not have spent all these years in the Third.

Fair point

9 hours ago, daftpenguin said:

Not read all of your post, just the last line. It's good that you support Carlos and want him to stay in his job.

If you think we're tempting someone away from their job with eight games left you're mad. Anyone who would want to take a job eight games away from the end of the season either isn't doing well enough at their own club to warrant seeing it through or isn't worth having.

Not sure I'd agree with the last para - a fair few managers would be tempted..great squad, money to spend and a huge opportunity ..

Very little to lose...Get us up, great - if they don't, say it was too short a time to turn things around and prepare properly for next term.

But at least the new man will know the squad strengths and weaknesses and make the necessary decisions in the summer.  He will be backed too.

Think we know deep down this one has gone.  It's all about good preparation for next season now - something that was largely absent for this one.

Edited by Earlsfieldowl

Guest everydays_wednesday
14 hours ago, debram said:

So you think bullen or Rhodes is the answer 

Maybe....doubt we will ever find out but 3 straight wins and playing like they did last year has soon helped Leicester 

16 hours ago, don'tCallMeOwlCallYo said:

In the long term I think everyone knows whats going to happen at leicester tho

Yes.....perform better than they have been....!

38 minutes ago, don'tCallMeOwlCallYo said:

Oh yes they are defo going to win the league again

Not what I said....I think everyone in football agrees they are performing the best they have all season, not that they will win the league...

they will never win the league again.

Edited by everydays_wednesday

If we want an example of where getting rid of the manager close to the end of the season and it going wrong we only have to look at the other side of the city.

Sacking Wilson when they wanted to be in the top 2. The theory being that they would go on a good run to get in the top 2. They didn't.  Finished in the playoffs and were rubbish and knocked out by Yeovil.

There is no guarantees with getting rid of a manager and form turning around. We have every chance of getting at least 4 points in the next two matches which would be a good return for 2 away games. Let's stick with and get behind CV.  At least till the end of the season. 

19 hours ago, aeroswfc said:

Everyones predicting the new manager will have a good run of results. 

Like it's that simple. 

Could take weeks to find right man. 

What is the right man though? Half the tozzpots on here were wanting to give CC BJs last season 

19 hours ago, markjr2401 said:

Before we make a decision on Carlos' future. The fact is bringing a new manager in with 8 games left isn't going to help, especially due to the lack of realistic replacements. Those calling for his head need to realise that despite the poor results we might as well get behind him. Miss out on the plays offs... thats when we need need to make a decision.

That would certainly be the most sensible thing to do, especially considering the r results so far today. 

50 minutes ago, everydays_wednesday said:

Not what I said....I think everyone in football agrees they are performing the best they have all season, not that they will win the league...

they will never win the league again.

Yea and I said long term not the last quarter of the season. Only one way from here, especially after the change they made. There "stars" will all leave this year imo