Played decent.

I don't think we were terrible but disappointed with our attacking play.

Burtons keeper didn't look confident all night and don't think we put him under enough pressure especially with the quality forwards we have on paper.

Another night we would have had a bit of a break in the box and won 2-1 but think a draw was a fair score line.

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

Yes agree, as I said earlier in the thread, I'm not too disheartened with the performance, and we have to give a bit of credit to Burton here. I too, thought Jones had a steady game last night, using his positional sense to break things up, rather than crunching tackles.

Jones just needs a run of games. He was a main stay in the Burnley side that got promoted so it proves he has the ability and know how for this league. 

I love Bannan based on last season...not keen on him at all this season based on his ego/attitude. he appears to have changed. I have put my point across in the "Bannan Thread"

This is football and in particular football in the Champ.

Burton came with a game plan and it worked to get them a point. Fair play to them. 4-1-4-1 is a tried and tested system to go away and get a point when a team is fighting for survival away at one fighting for promotion.  They even had McFadzean in the holding role who is primarily a centre half. Dyers pace and work rate stopped Hunt getting forward and their goal was always going to be a set piece or wonder strike because apart from one Westwood save they were never going to trouble us too much.

Our game plan as spot on too. We were patient and kept passing it to try and draw them out of position and at times we did. Just as shame we couldn’t quite capitalise. Always a temptation to go too long and we didn’t and stuck at it. Disappointing result but a good game of football with contrasting styles and contrasting ambitions. Some good performers last night, Jones being the pick for me.

Nothing wrong apart from not getting  a 2nd goal last night. We move on….Villa.

12 hours ago, chizumgeorge said:

Wondered how long it was gonna be  till someone mentioned  abdi, jesus next you will say we could have done with nuhiu up front or maybe potter in midfield! Bannan and jones did nothing wrong tonight it was the poor balls into the box from out wide and im sure abdi isnt a winger!

Err OK, Nice to no someone whose main asset is threading balls wouldn't have helped last night!

Jones & Bannan played well agreed but far too deep needed 1 of them to really push up field and play the number 10 role.

1 hour ago, coopswfc76 said:

Err OK, Nice to no someone whose main asset is threading balls wouldn't have helped last night!

Jones & Bannan played well agreed but far too deep needed 1 of them to really push up field and play the number 10 role.

Cant thread balls through an 11 man wall, you have to get it out wide and put balls into the box behind them. We tried to do this but the quality just wasnt there

1 hour ago, chizumgeorge said:

Cant thread balls through an 11 man wall, you have to get it out wide and put balls into the box behind them. We tried to do this but the quality just wasnt there

If it's an 11 man wall just chip it into an empty net innit 

4 hours ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

Jones just needs a run of games. He was a main stay in the Burnley side that got promoted so it proves he has the ability and know how for this league. 

I love Bannan based on last season...not keen on him at all this season based on his ego/attitude. he appears to have changed. I have put my point across in the "Bannan Thread"

I agree that Jones needs a run of games. Looked quality at times but rusty in others. A couple of games and we will have a quality midfielder on our hands.