Hooper - the talks are over. Welcome back to SWFC

Hoops probably was the most natural finisher at #ncfc just couldn't play upfront as a one. Wish him well at #swfc

Alan Biggs â€@AlanBiggs1  1m

Wondered if #swfc had forgotten how to score scruffy goals & only got belters - until Hooper's brace v Leeds! Value of a poacher. Big goals.

Just lolling through this thread with an inane grin. This time last year it was Gary TF bless im and now we have Gary Hooper!

Couple of things. He has got that solid Kevin Phillips look. Don't know what his injury record is but stocky beats tall for me up front.

Second thing is the interest this kind of transfer generates among fans and players of other clubs. From our first team Bannan would probably be the most famous but with Hooper our profile gets that much higher. I've got mates who are Celtic fans who will be inexplicably rooting for us now and there will be players thinking "if it's good enough for Hoops ...." Of course that makes no odds to our bank account nor Guarantee the signing of Messi but it will definitely change perceptions favourably such that S6 becomes a destination of choice for other scottish/ Irish players. Time for a cheeky bid for Willie Henderson (or should that be McGeady? Or even Judge?)

Just lolling through this thread with an inane grin. This time last year it was Gary TF bless im and now we have Gary Hooper!

Couple of things. He has got that solid Kevin Phillips look. Don't know what his injury record is but stocky beats tall for me up front.

Second thing is the interest this kind of transfer generates among fans and players of other clubs. From our first team Bannan would probably be the most famous but with Hooper our profile gets that much higher. I've got mates who are Celtic fans who will be inexplicably rooting for us now and there will be players thinking "if it's good enough for Hoops ...." Of course that makes no odds to our bank account nor Guarantee the signing of Messi but it will definitely change perceptions favourably such that S6 becomes a destination of choice for other scottish/ Irish players. Time for a cheeky bid for Willie Henderson (or should that be McGeady? Or even Judge?)

Oh no! This one could end badly.