Development Squad

Who are the allowed over age players playing in this one, Melo obviously, but who else? Are Bus and Dielna playing

No others apart from melo today pal. They played quite well at times and should have had a couple more but same could be said for hull. They won 3-2 in last minute.

No others apart from melo today pal. They played quite well at times and should have had a couple more but same could be said for hull. They won 3-2 in last minute.

Not quite true as Lachman played as well. Not sure if likes of Croasdale and Meadows are still underaged. I guess they are, but I'm not 100% sure.

I will be totally honest and admit I've seen him in the flesh only once - so to speak...

Wasn't at all impressed but it's way too insignificant to make a judgement.

His goals look awesome but that doesn't tell the story either.

In short I can't really make any judgement.

Interested in Maleks thoughts after seeing him

Really nice to hear that someone with such a vast knowledge on the subject is interested in my opinion :blush:

I've seen Penney 3 times so far. First time it was in Fa Youth Cup where we were mauled 4:1 by amazing Chelsea side, and where he played at left-back , and was only 15 years old (I think). Only positive from that game was Jack Stobbs volley that won LFE Goal of The Month, and It was Penney's set-piece delivery that made it possible.

I was very lucky to see him in couple of games this season :happy: Both were for Development side (Sheff Utd & Watford), and I really can't say that he stood out by doing either really well or really poor. Guess that he still isn't recognized as a "go to guy" from older lads, and perhaps doesn't get as involved as he gets playing for U-18's.

I was really interested in his performance, so I kept close eye on him in both games. He indeed has fantastic left foot, and not only for scoring spectacular goals, but for pinging in such a sweet deliveries as well, both from open play and set-piece situations.  When trying to judge potential of midfield players, what I consider the most is how he reacts when in possession, and heavily pressed by one or more opposition players. From little I've seen of him, that is strongest part of his game. He has such a great close control, is so calm on the ball, and plays with his head up (quality that I really rate). However he is still very young, picks wrong choice and tends to take too much time on the ball every now and then, but it is to be expected. As Kivo said, he will have to get bit stronger as well, but for me it aint a deal breaker regarding both his contract and first team opportunity.

Not quite true as Lachman played as well. Not sure if likes of Croasdale and Meadows are still underaged. I guess they are, but I'm not 100% sure.

Did he? I had team sheet and didn't see his name but probably just missed it. The young lads from U-18's look fairly competent. Will be good to finally have some youngsters make the grade hopefully. 

Didn't get to see it. It seems that we got ourselves quite a mountain to climb early on, reacted great, and then got punished late on when we tired chasing the winner.

Almost the same scenario like in both of our U-18's defeats.