That McGugan goal!

Jesus Christ, some people are going way OTT on this criticism angle.

McGugan was poor when he came on for the vast majority of his performance on Saturday, as proved by the fact Carvahal moved him from the position he was brought on to play within 10mins of him being on.

Because he scored a great goal doesn't mean he shouldn't be criticised on here for parts of his performance.

No one is doubting his goal, the superb vision, technique & execution to score.

No one is doubting that he's a good player.

No one is doubting he should be part of our squad.

And...

No one is making him a "scape goat" or singling him out as a whipping boy.

Players can be criticisized, just as they can be praised.

Yes - the fanbase has it's fair share of idiots who will give constant criticism to one single player, or label this, that and the other at another player.

But in this thread I've seen criticism towards a player, that can be justified.

People are obsessed on this forum with putting people in certain camps when they offer a differing opinion, when actually an opinion can be a balanced one, that offers critique of a performance and also plenty of praise.

Exactly this. People are only responding to the whole 'omg he scored a goal he must start the next match' type comments, which is way more over the top than some justified criticism.

Guest wilyfox

must start the next match' type comments, which is way more over the top than some justified criticism.

Who has made such comments? ..and why would it be more 'over the top' to want our player with the best goalscoring ratio in our team than criticise a player who contributed a stunning goal in a 3-1 victory?

Who has made such comments? ..and why would it be more 'over the top' to want our player with the best goalscoring ratio in our team than criticise a player who contributed a stunning goal in a 3-1 victory?

What... so you want me to go back and find actual names for you? Then what? Seems a bit pointless.

Guest wilyfox

What... so you want me to go back and find actual names for you? Then what? Seems a bit pointless.

It's not pointless if there aren't names and such comments to be found.

Don't bring logic into it; they won't like it. Total liability, despite only being on the pitch a quarter of the match and scoring the spectacular goal that killed off the opposition.

lol

He can't be criticised for 23 minutes on the pitch because in the last minute he lobbed the keeper after said keeper had run back from attacking a corner.

Riiiiiight.

On another day he could've cost us 2 points by his lack of effort in tracking back, not marking in corners etc.

But don't let that worry you.

Guest wilyfox

On another day he could've cost us 2 points by his lack of effort in tracking back, not marking in corners etc.

So now you criticise him for hypothetical outcomes too? Fact is, he didn't cost us anything. He restored our 2-goal winning margin, and added to the entertainment with a stunning finale.

lol

He can't be criticised for 23 minutes on the pitch because in the last minute he lobbed the keeper after said keeper had run back from attacking a corner.

Riiiiiight.

But don't let that worry you.

I dont believe you helped your point. 23 minutes is not long to put an imprint onto the game and it is difficult to come on for some players as a sub. Some players need to grow into the game. 

Mcgugan did not and has not cost us any points yet as he has barely played but has scored 3 goals in around 6 games which is fantastic. His goal on Saturday cemented 3 points and his second of the season guaranteed us a clash with Arsenal.

Why are you downgrading his goal making it sound like it was easy. It was a fantastic goal and to have the confidence to do that is something many of our team do not have.

I still think there is only one out of Lee and Mcgugan that should start and I think it should be Lee but Mcgugan is a class player with that bit of magic and proved it again on Saturday.

Yeah, and... You found one example. Keep looking, or was the basis for your moaning all about one post?

Well I don't know. You asked me to find it so I did but just because it validates my perfectly reasonable comment you want me to spend my time finding more. And... all my moaning? Yeah ok.

As I said, pointless.

So now you criticise him for hypothetical outcomes too? Fact is, he didn't cost us anything. He restored our 2-goal winning margin, and added to the entertainment with a stunning finale.

No I criticise because of what I saw. I'm not naive enough to let his goal wipe out his performance.

Guest wilyfox

Well I don't know. You asked me to find it so I did but just because it validates my perfectly reasonable comment you want me to spend my time finding more. And... all my moaning? Yeah ok.

As I said, pointless.

Well you seem to enjoy pointless arguments, so I gave you another to pursue.

I dont believe you helped your point. 23 minutes is not long to put an imprint onto the game and it is difficult to come on for some players as a sub. Some players need to grow into the game.

Mcgugan did not and has not cost us any points yet as he has barely played but has scored 3 goals in around 6 games which is fantastic. His goal on Saturday cemented 3 points and his second of the season guaranteed us a clash with Arsenal.

Why are you downgrading his goal making it sound like it was easy. It was a fantastic goal and to have the confidence to do that is something many of our team do not have.

I still think there is only one out of Lee and Mcgugan that should start and I think it should be Lee but Mcgugan is a class player with that bit of magic and proved it again on Saturday.

There's absolutely no excuse for not putting the effort in and tracking back when your team is under pressure. Why does that need time?

It was proven by the fact that Carvalhal moved him out of the centre and the bench were going mad at him.

Edited by B.A Baracus

what does" grow into a game" mean? ........

Guest wilyfox

No I criticise because of what I saw. I'm not naive enough to let his goal wipe out his performance.

Evidently not, because you just knocked him for what might have happened when it never actually did; so unless you're hallucinating you can't have seen it.