That McGugan goal!

Evidently not, because you just knocked him for what might have happened when it never actually did; so unless you're hallucinating you can't have seen it.

How hard is it for you to understand that in my opinion, and clearly a lot of others, McGugans performance, goal a side, was not up to scratch, lazy and on another day COULD have cost us a goal?

There's absolutely no excuse for not putting the effort in and tracking back when your team is under pressure. Why does that need time?

It was proven by the fact that Carvalhal moved him out of the centre and the bench were going mad at him.

Fair enough. I never said he had a good game. 

Im just saying not all subs fit in when coming on at 70 minutes. We won he scored a great goal and people are still moaning at him. He is one of them 'magic' players and that is exactly what he provides for me. 

Lee is better and warrants his place but then you will get people moaning soon saying 'he doesnt score' you cant have it every way.

How hard is it for you to understand that in my opinion, and clearly a lot of others, McGugans performance, goal a side, was not up to scratch, lazy and on another day COULD have cost us a goal?

And he COULD also score 20+ goals this year on his games to goal ratio- regardless of how lazy he is

Well I was one of the posters that said on Saturday that McGugan should be looking to get a start in the team :biggrin: , and that wasn't based on that 1 sole deflected shot.  

Thought Mcgugan played really well against Newcastle too and against Bristol on first day of the season.  

McGugan hasn't been involved much in the first 11 but is still joint top scorer on 3 goals.  

Guest wilyfox

COULD but DIDN'T. I prefer to focus on what actually happened.

Funny how Preston growing some balls and having a go only came after they went 2-0 down. Could it be they were more dangerous possibly because they binned the inept May & Keane for two sub strikers? Of course not, don't be silly. They only had a go because we threw McGugan on and he's a liability, right...

Edited by wilyfox

COULD but DIDN'T. I prefer to focus on what actually happened.

Funny how Preston growing some balls and having a go only came after they went 2-0 down. Could it be they were more dangerous possibly because they binned the inept May & Keane for two sub strikers? Of course not, don't be silly. They only had a go because we threw McGugan on and he's a liability, right...

If it wasn't down to the subs and they came back into it purely because of going 2-0 down and started throwing the kitchen sink at us, that makes McGugans lazy performance and lack of tracking back even worse!

Hence why he was shifted out wide and didn't stay in his actual position!

But it's all forgotten by the naive ones because he took advantage of an extreme situation of the keeper running back after coming up for a corner.

Note - I'm in no way taking away the credit for his finish.

Edited by B.A Baracus

If it wasn't down to the subs and they came back into it purely because of going 2-0 down and started throwing the kitchen sink at us, that makes McGugans lazy performance and lack of tracking back even worse!

Hence why he was shifted out wide and didn't stay in his actual position!

But it's all forgotten by the naive ones because he took advantage of an extreme situation of the keeper running back after coming up for a corner.

Note - I'm in no way taking away the credit for his finish.

Its all opinions. If he was lazy and didnt score I think I would be annoyed but I can forgive him as goals win games not how much effort you put in. 

We have had many lazy players in the past that scored for us. Its kind of one or the other. 

For example I would take in my team a slow and lazy goal poacher who would get me 20 + goals. Evidently you would not.

Guest wilyfox

That he came on for Wallace, Lee went on the wing and then they were switched back after 10 minutes cause he was about as useful as you on here?

Yeah 100% sure.

I guess if he can't get up to speed and run the show within those 10mins, we should probably trash him, right?

I guess if he can't get up to speed and run the show within those 10mins, we should probably trash him, right?

What on earth are you on about now? lol

I've seen you on here before and never really noticed you as being an argumentative weirdo but you've lost the plot in the last few days, even mentioning me in other threads, about other players when I haven't even posted in them...lol.

I can only put it down to your love for Mcgugan.

Strange.

Its all opinions. If he was lazy and didnt score I think I would be annoyed but I can forgive him as goals win games not how much effort you put in.

We have had many lazy players in the past that scored for us. Its kind of one or the other.

For example I would take in my team a slow and lazy goal poacher who would get me 20 + goals. Evidently you would not.

That's fair enough fella. Some people want more from there central midfielders, especially when under the cosh.

At least you post in a reasonable manner.

Take note wilyfox.

Guest wilyfox

What on earth are you on about now? lol

I've seen you on here before and never really noticed you as being an argumentative weirdo but you've lost the plot in the last few days, even mentioning me in other threads, about other players when I haven't even posted in them...lol.

I can only put it down to your love for Mcgugan.

Strange.

Praising talent and footballing ability isn't strange. Whinging about a player having scored a spectacular goal in a 3-1 victory...now that's strange - especially when he was only on the field for 1/4 of the game.

So we win four on the bounce, McGugan comes off the bench to score a cracker albeit a bit deflected, then we have 16 pages on here saying how lazy he is.   :biggrin:

You would think we lost the last game going by some of the comments on here the last few days.  

bloomin laughable this thread is we just go around in circles some footballers are blessed with skill others are not some run around a lot others don't that's football whichever way you look at it ,the lad came on and maybe did nothing but did the most important thing and at the end of the day that's all that counts putting the ball in  the net and sealing the points ,yes it looks nice if the players work hard and people will appreciate it , but at the end oft he day it's goals that count and for all his faults mcgugan can give you that virtually at the drop of a hat ,

I keep reading about "that deflected shot".................Well, I've been through it on freeze frame a few times and as it seemed on the day, I don't think it was deflected.

Ask yourself this, is there any other player on our books who you rather that chance have fallen too? I certainly can't think of one. True, he didn't have much of an impact other than that apart from going close with a free kick but we should really be applauding him for what did happen rather than finding something to moan about. Well done Lewis McGugan I say.

I keep reading about "that deflected shot".................Well, I've been through it on freeze frame a few times and as it seemed on the day, I don't think it was deflected.

Ask yourself this, is there any other player on our books who you rather that chance have fallen too? I certainly can't think of one. True, he didn't have much of an impact other than that apart from going close with a free kick but we should really be applauding him for what did happen rather than finding something to moan about. Well done Lewis McGugan I say.

The intent was there to shoot, so hats off to McGugan for even attempting to take it on.  

Games of football sometimes goes down to that one moment of pure brilliance.  McGugan can clearly do that.  

Can only be a good thing imo.