Yellow Submarine / European Tour

OK.

I was a regular member of the Diamond tours organised trips to away games.

We were on our way to the Tottenham match when we stopped off at a pub halfway there. Somebody suggested singing a song to celebrate our imminent European tour.

After much furrowed brows two songs were composed to the tune of Yellow Submarine:

A. "All our friends were pissed in France

Went to Belgium for a dance

Went to Spain and back again

Went to Sweden (to see Roland Nilsson)

And home again"

Chorus

We're all going on a European tour etc.

B. The familiar version.

We were so pleased that we decided to get get it going at the match and we all spread out amongst the the fans and belted out both A. and B but soon realised that some of us singing about being pissed was not going down too well.

Half time came and we gathered round and decided to go with B and again we spread out and belted it (B) out.

This time fellow fans rather than being alarmed at these nutters singing were this time amused by our ditty so they joined in and well before the end of the match everybody was singing it.

The rest is history.

OK.

We were on our way to the Tottenham match when we stopped off at a pub halfway there. Somebody suggested singing a song to celebrate our imminent European tour.

After much furrowed brows two songs were composed to the tune of Yellow Submarine:

And home again"

Chorus

B. The familiar version.

We were so pleased that we decided to get get it going at the match and we all spread out amongst the the fans and belted out both A. and B but soon realised that some of us singing about being pissed was not going down too well.

Half time came and we gathered round and decided to go with B and again we spread out and belted it (B) out.

This time fellow fans rather than being alarmed at these nutters singing were this time amused by our ditty so they joined in and well before the end of the match everybody was singing it.

The rest is history.

Great story !

Classic song 

From memory the first time it really got going in 1992 was during a 2-0 win at White Hart Lane, when we really started to believe it was going to happen. Can't remember if we sang it before then, even though I went to every game home and away that season.

First time i heard it there as well

OK.

And home again"

Chorus

B. The familiar version.

The rest is history.

Brings back memories . I was a regular on Wilf Crofts away days myself. 

I went to palace game on my own I was outside that pub and managed to sneak in ☺️ The shop next door was also cleared of all booze!

There was 1 min 43 secs left on the clock when Bright scored 😡

When the news Aresnal hadn't won came through we went mad and the song really caught on

We made our own way via Hull and then train via Brussels. Also remember singing in the ground about bags of crisps the people on the fruit gum had eaten.

Cheese and onion salt and vinegar cheese and onion salt and vinegar cheese and onion salt and vinegar

OK.

And home again"

Chorus

B. The familiar version.

The rest is history.

Thanks Diablo - that's a great story - just goes to show that if the song's good enough, it will definitely catch on! :-)