"Mind the gap" season - SONG

In 50 years I shall receive a lifetime achievement award for my services to music...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXknH2mmBsw

Yep, they are definitely singing "Sheff United".

I don't like it, I don't like it at all. Almost sounds like we are now the ones getting carried away telling them to "mind the gap" now, when it should be us singing about them celebrating the "gap" too soon.

Yep, they are definitely singing "Sheff United".

I don't like it, I don't like it at all. Almost sounds like we are now the ones getting carried away telling them to "mind the gap" now, when it should be us singing about them celebrating the "gap" too soon.

They changed my lyrics. My lyrics were;

Mind the gap mind the gap said United

Mind the gap mind the gay said they (or they say...that's fine)

Mind the gap mind the gap said United

We've been laughing since derby day (changed to Boxing day...also fine) 

My lyrics were celebrating the win which started the closing of the gap they were boasting about. And I thought laughing since derby day exaggerated the fact we've not played them in ages & the gap we have formed means we won't play them in ages. Was meant to be a modern day Hark Now Hear. Love the song but felt like the new generation of fans could do with singing about our own successes over United.

In any case. The WAWAW song started off differently and was changed to what we sing now. Think it was Sheffield Wednesday Ole before the change. So hopefully it won't stay like this for long....it does sound daft right now. 

How do we get people to sing it right?

People sing the wrong lyrics to the Utrecht song and IMO it doesn't sound right now, but once fans get used to singing something it sticks, and thats whats bothering me with this.

Fix it FO, fix it quick!

Edited by Miffed

I just hate how we say they're obsessed with us but yet there is two threads out of our homepage, based on them. It's they're 5/6th year (lost count) in that tinpot league i don't even consider them relevant to sing about.

they're our local rivals you numptie.....

would'nt have the same effect if we were signing about wycombe now would it.....??

Mind the gap mind the gap said/sheff United

Mind the gap mind the gap they say/said they

Mind the gap mind the gap said/sheff United

We've been laughing since sumthin surrm sumthing... I don't know.

I take a couple uppers, I down a couple downers, but nothing compares to these Luke warm and flat bottles of carling.

What could go wrong

Edited by Tas