Are we feeling foolish?

Guest shakesby

Jon is totally right though. We'll either stick to FFP (thus a restricted budget) or not which will either mean we face a transfer embargo at some point or get promoted first time, which isn't that likely really.

I agree with this and iv been banging the drum about the need to balance expectation with ffp for ages.

But, nobody has the first idea about how much our projected income is, or how much wage bill we have free at the moment. 10m wage bill would be a 30% reduction on last year's, veryunlikely I'd have thought.

I don't expect us to start offering 30k a week wages, but I don't expect us to be fishing in the bargain bin either.

Guest shakesby

I agree with this and iv been banging the drum about the need to balance expectation with ffp for ages.

But, nobody has the first idea about how much our projected income is, or how much wage bill we have free at the moment. 10m wage bill would be a 30% reduction on last year's, veryunlikely I'd have thought.

I don't expect us to start offering 30k a week wages, but I don't expect us to be fishing in the bargain bin either.

Sorry I think you misunderstood, we can increase our budget by £10m. Unless Chansiri has a way around FFP with revenue.

That includes wages and fees.

Guest shakesby

Shakesby drinks in the Sportsman at crosspool, with his mates, JTO and Matty Fryatt!

Who the f*ck is JTO?

Yes they do, financial fair play. If it's scrapped, which it could well be, then nobody has a clue, but once the full details are released end of this month we will have a very clear picture.

Perhaps you'd like to inform us what our turnover is going to be?  Without knowing that you are unable to guess what our budget is likely to be.  Nor has anyone else who keep insisting that FFP will restrict our spending.

Guest shakesby

Perhaps you'd like to inform us what our turnover is going to be? Without knowing that you are unable to guess what our budget is likely to be. Nor has anyone else who keep insisting that FFP will restrict our spending.

If you look at the rules it states quite clearly how much revenue can be increased, and then effect spending.

Like I said, somebody has pointed out very clearly the most we can spend to expand our budget is £10m.

Sorry I think you misunderstood, we can increase our budget by £10m. Unless Chansiri has a way around FFP with revenue.

That includes wages and fees.

£10m does an awful lot.

But again, it's a speculative number without knowing projected revenue, and current wage bill on the retained players.

Ground and facility development do not count against us in the ffp reckoning, so it's purely income vs wages/fees/bills.

If you look at the rules it states quite clearly how much revenue can be increased, and then effect spending.

Like I said, somebody has pointed out very clearly the most we can spend to expand our budget is £10m.

Rubbish, there's no rule limiting legitimate increases in revenue.  Are you really saying if we were for example, to sell out every home game, we couldn't count some of it as revenue for FFP. 

Guest shakesby

£10m does an awful lot.

But again, it's a speculative number without knowing projected revenue, and current wage bill on the retained players.

Ground and facility development do not count against us in the ffp reckoning, so it's purely income vs wages/fees/bills.

Correct. Like I said end of the month Will give us a better idea.

Guest shakesby

Rubbish, there's no rule limiting legitimate increases in revenue. Are you really saying if we were for example, to sell out every home game, we couldn't count some of it as revenue for FFP.

Yes of course we could because that's a legitimate increase in revenue. That's the entire point. We won't sell out every game though.

Just ploughing in millions of funds from the chairman isn't allowed though. Even sponsorship money directly from the chairman isn't allowed - hence Tuff or whatever it's called being our next sponsor. Still doesn't allow us to expand our budget exponentially.

Guest The Horse

Didn't that JTO insist we were getting Ben Marshall not so long back.
Maybe he will finally be proved right...

Yes of course we could because that's a legitimate increase in revenue. That's the entire point. We won't sell out every game though.

Just ploughing in millions of funds from the chairman isn't allowed though. Even sponsorship money directly from the chairman isn't allowed - hence Tuff or whatever it's called being our next sponsor. Still doesn't allow us to expand our budget exponentially.

Soz, fat fingers.   lol

Edited by Sham67

Can't see Loovens going back to Cardiff personally, he'll have been offered good terms here, and they're trying to slash their wage bill...

I'd have hoped we'd have offered Lee his renewal well before it was publically stated as well, really hope he stays, great player...