Sheffield Wednesday?....No!

I went to amsterdam this time last year and before the Ajax and Den haag game Me and my father-in-law (a miller) got talking to some Ajax fans.  tehy'd never heard of Rotherham but when i said I supported Wednesday they knew who we were and even knew about the dutch guys who had played for us so we had a good chin wag.

I must admit that on some of my travels when asked where I was from and I said sheffield. I had to go on to explain that it was near Manchester, FFS!

Always, then they dont even know where that is. Easier just to say its in the middle and looks like emmerdale (little lie). Used to say full monty but thats unknown now to most

I must admit that on some of my travels when asked where I was from and I said sheffield. I had to go on to explain that it was near Manchester, FFS!

Same here

They have not even heard of Sheffield in Thailand never mind about Wednesday

Edited by thailand owl

I used to care about stuff like this until you realise that NOBODY gives two f*cks about ANY English team apart from Man U, Liverpool, Arsenal or Chelsea - or a money club that forces their way to a title like City (and even then, I'd say they're way behind the others).

We're as lost to a generation as the other 80-odd clubs are.

Edited by sheffield_dave