Press Conference today at 1pm

Guest TommyTank

Only for the clapping comment, Jon.

I take it you mean JTO, where is he?

Not seen him post for a while, maybe the endless digs and bullying got to him.

Why cant you accept other peoples opinions?

I take it you mean JTO, where is he?

Not seen him post for a while, maybe the endless digs and bullying got to him.

Why cant you accept other peoples opinions?

I can. It's the belittling 'clappers' comments that I have a gripe with and only them.

And Jon got banned.

has shown ever since he poured money into SWFC that his funds , whilst to us, massive, are relatively restricted compared with such as the owners of Man City & Chelsea. Be thankful that he rescued us not from Administration, which we could have Escaped from, but an actual WINDING UP of the clb, which would have meant extinction. People forget that his funds are limited, and he has made no secrEt of his ambition to sell on Wednesday to someone with more money than he has,but still wants to keep SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY advancing.

did anyone else read this like its the lords prayer? l0l

good post tho...

Guest TommyTank

I can. It's the belittling 'clappers' comments that I have a gripe with and only them.

And Jon got banned.

Clappers, it is only abit of fun, do you take life so seriously?

Why is it belittling?

What did he do?

You and a few of your buddies are the worse for it, bullying people into supporting Milan, you wont acknowledge other peoples opinions.

Clappers - fans who will clap along happily no matter what happens.

Its all over Owlstalk, its all over the Hillsborough, everyone loved Milan when he came in, he did indeed rescue us from a rubbish situation that could have been alot worse.

The only manager he backed was Irvine, that was an initial investment into the squad to get us up, we then got promoted, we signed Antoniofor a fee and then sold him for a profit, we didnt see much else coming in apart from free agents and loan signings, our squad is gradually getting smaller, because we have relied on the loan market too much.

From the minute he walked in he had an exit plan, get us to the Championship and sell, ,make a nice profit.

If you want to love him, carry on but dont rip into people who actually see it how it is, he's had no interest in us for the last 3 seasons, he got what he came for.

Its taking Milan far too long to sell us which now puts him in a dodgy situation that could see us sold to anyone, see Mammadov.

Keep clapping Dan.

How can you have a go at someone for doing what you've just done?

Fwiw I find clapper quite an irritating label, and it's a lazy argument - because you are satisfied with Milan's progress, youre a mindless seal?

With regards the backing manager, that's absolute tosh. The money he spent in league one under Irvine was absolutely necessary, we were so screwed. Then under megson, he provided the fund's for us to get out of the league - mainly loans, but the losses tell the story.

Dave Jones was allowed to rip megsons squad apart, and build his own. This was topped up by several loans when his own signings failed to make the grade.

Gray has had backing to sign players - as we did last season when we needed the players to get out the league.

Under Milan, we've spent money on;

Madine - £800k

reda - £250k

Lowe - £150K

Helan - £600k

maguire - £350k

lees - £200k

mccabe - £150K

cog - £350k

Antonio - £800k

may - £800k

We've recouped less than half that in fees. I shudder to think how many loans we've paid for.

He's doing what he said from the outset - running us as tightly as he could until someone offers him money to buy the club. I'm not sure he can be criticised for that? There's no disputing that every season has been an improvement on the last.

Likewise the mammadov situation. I actually argued against it at the time, but this was a guy with money, who was already involved in a couple of football clubs, that had offered a huge profit. Again, not sure you can criticise him for that.

He's got his faults and he's done some things poorly, but he's also responsible for our turn around. He's made some ballsy calls and so far, they've paid off.

Only for the clapping comment, Jon.

thought that myself tbh.

but even if it is.........let me digress for a second tell you a story,

Years back i went out wi this lass for 6 yrs, from 15 to 21, i really liked her, probably too much tbh. and at that age 15/16/17 i was (like many) a jealous little get, .... anyway, i sorted mysen out by the time i was 18 or 19, realised the error of my ways and really wanted to be a better boyfriend, i was a better bloke now i had matured a bit, but TBH, the relationship never really stood a chance, we stuck it out for another 2 or 3 yrs but it just didnt work, she was scared to say she was off on hols with her mates,  darent tell me for ages, (because of my previous misdemeanors) ... but in my head i was ok with her going.... BUT FUMING that she felt like she couldnt mention it, i knew i had changed/grrown up, but she couldnt see past the old me, the first me if you like, it had to end & were both better off for it.....

point being, JTO has been a member for a LONG time and hes only early 20s (i think) so he has changed a hell of a lot as a fella in that time, 

by the end he couldnt start a thread without loads of loaded questions based on PAST misdemeanors, im not sticking up for him here and saying all was fine, none of you need me  to tell ya he can de-rail threads in a second with the best of them, but people came to expect that and accused him of de-railing/wumming/call it what you like, .......even when he wasnt,

If he is banned as in proper banned i think thats very harsh.... a secret name change so he can start again and be 'who he is now' is a good shout IMO. dont get me wrong, he prob not gonna turn into no angel, but in the last year or so i thought he had changed and matured quite a lot, but couldnt break free from 'reverting to type' when the arguing started..

but if people keep calling him out hes gonna end up with more name changes than cheds victim lol

..... as if ive just typed that though, i probably only spoke with him on here 3 times -

and it was 3 arguments  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

oh... i should probably add i didnt mean violence (wiv me mrs) .... merely 50 questions if a guy so much as said 'hello' ...

'who was that' or 'how do you know him' or 'whats he smiling at you like that for' .....type of sheiite you say when your 16 & in love.... well i did anyway lol 

You and a few of your buddies are the worse for it, bullying people into supporting Milan, you wont acknowledge other peoples opinions.

Clappers - fans who will clap along happily no matter what happens.

Its all over Owlstalk, its all over the Hillsborough, everyone loved Milan when he came in, he did indeed rescue us from a rubbish situation that could have been alot worse.

The only manager he backed was Irvine, that was an initial investment into the squad to get us up, we then got promoted, we signed Antoniofor a fee and then sold him for a profit, we didnt see much else coming in apart from free agents and loan signings, our squad is gradually getting smaller, because we have relied on the loan market too much.

From the minute he walked in he had an exit plan, get us to the Championship and sell, ,make a nice profit.

If you want to love him, carry on but dont rip into people who actually see it how it is, he's had no interest in us for the last 3 seasons, he got what he came for.

Its taking Milan far too long to sell us which now puts him in a dodgy situation that could see us sold to anyone, see Mammadov.

Keep clapping Dan.

What's this dodgy situation we find ourselves in? As far as I can see we're sat in a very healthy league position.

He's backed every manager- so please don't lie. Megson was able to bring in many players, both loans and permanent (O'Grady, Low, Marshall, Jones, Batth, Llera, Prutton, Mike Jones, Bywater etc)

Jones was backed, and now Gray is being backed within the budget set out. Just like his predecessors.

I rip into people who make sh*t up to suit a particular agenda, conspiracy theory...or just for a wind up. There's no bullying here.

thought that myself tbh.

but even if it is.........let me digress for a second tell you a story,

Years back i went out wi this lass for 6 yrs, from 15 to 21, i really liked her, probably too much tbh. and at that age 15/16/17 i was (like many) a jealous little get, .... anyway, i sorted mysen out by the time i was 18 or 19, realised the error of my ways and really wanted to be a better boyfriend, i was a better bloke now i had matured a bit, but TBH, the relationship never really stood a chance, we stuck it out for another 2 or 3 yrs but it just didnt work, she was scared to say she was off on hols with her mates,  darent tell me for ages, (because of my previous misdemeanors) ... but in my head i was ok with her going.... BUT FUMING that she felt like she couldnt mention it, i knew i had changed/grrown up, but she couldnt see past the old me, the first me if you like, it had to end & were both better off for it.....

point being, JTO has been a member for a LONG time and hes only early 20s (i think) so he has changed a hell of a lot as a fella in that time, 

by the end he couldnt start a thread without loads of loaded questions based on PAST misdemeanors, im not sticking up for him here and saying all was fine, none of you need me  to tell ya he can de-rail threads in a second with the best of them, but people came to expect that and accused him of de-railing/wumming/call it what you like, .......even when he wasnt,

If he is banned as in proper banned i think thats very harsh.... a secret name change so he can start again and be 'who he is now' is a good shout IMO. dont get me wrong, he prob not gonna turn into no angel, but in the last year or so i thought he had changed and matured quite a lot, but couldnt break free from 'reverting to type' when the arguing started..

but if people keep calling him out hes gonna end up with more name changes than cheds victim lol

..... as if ive just typed that though, i probably only spoke with him on here 3 times -

and it was 3 arguments  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

This is a good point and your personal story illustrates it well.

FWIW, I rarely agree(d) with JTO66 (not always but, mostly) however, I do think he should be able to express his opinion and that it is a bit sad if he has been permanently banned. What I do/did take objection to is when people make personal attacks (that goes for and against Jon) rather than arguing the point. Also, some of his arguments were a little weak or poorly argued.

The original point still stands and I think this site is better when people can play devil's advocate without getting personal. I have had my opinion swayed on a few matters based on consistent well reasoned arguments on this site. I also find it possible to get along with and enjoy comments from posters who's opinions I don't agree with. Life is too short to be so small minded and if we disagree on some points no doubt we will find common ground elsewhere. Wednesday for one.

Oh, and one last point I think JTO66 liked being "that poster" and there's nothing wrong with that. I know I took advantage of it for comedy relief on more than one occasion. Usually with an "I agree with Jon, time for a lie down".

Guest TommyTank

How can you have a go at someone for doing what you've just done?

What? Some people support Milan until the bitter end, others question things, I am not at all happy with how Milan runs the club, should i pretend?

Fwiw I find clapper quite an irritating label, and it's a lazy argument - because you are satisfied with Milan's progress, youre a mindless seal?

Now I see why you would be upset about it, people fall for spin an are quite gullible, others aren't. Thats life im afraid.

With regards the backing manager, that's absolute tosh. The money he spent in league one under Irvine was absolutely necessary, we were so screwed. Then under megson, he provided the fund's for us to get out of the league - mainly loans, but the losses tell the story.

I agree it was necessary, that was it though and the money dried up, thats my main issue, how can you go from such a screwed position as you say to the Championship playoffs spending what we have? When we were promoted we needed to push on again, we were told that but it didnt happen, Milan wants out, does the bare minimum, I dont like that.

Dave Jones was allowed to rip megsons squad apart, and build his own. This was topped up by several loans when his own signings failed to make the grade.

DJ made a mess, he outed the League One side and brought his own players in, too much too soon, we all knew that 4/5 good solid signings were better than 15 average players.

Gray has had backing to sign players - as we did last season when we needed the players to get out the league.

Loans, only when we were slipping back to League One, sorry, thats poor.

Under Milan, we've spent money on;

Madine - £800k

reda - £250k

Lowe - £150K

Helan - £600k

maguire - £350k

lees - £200k

mccabe - £150K

cog - £350k

Antonio - £800k

may - £800k

The COG fee signed Helan and the Antonio fee signed May, just to clear that up.

The fees above are spread over 4 years, thats laughable. Works out at about 500k a season.

HMS PTL.

We've recouped less than half that in fees. I shudder to think how many loans we've paid for.

We made loan signings because our squad was poor, we still make loan signings because our squad is poor, this needed sorting many years ago, we are still waiting for the same players since we got back in the Championship.

Every season back in the Championship we have been scrapping around for loans at the last minute, Sidibe, GTF spring to mind. Poor.

He's doing what he said from the outset - running us as tightly as he could until someone offers him money to buy the club. I'm not sure he can be criticised for that? There's no disputing that every season has been an improvement on the last.

He never said he would run us as tightly as he could did he? If so then cancel everything I have said, Im sure I heard things like 'pushing on', 'not here to make up the numbers' 'playoffs' 'Not going to rely on loans' 20 goal a season Striker' 'Fryatt' and so on.....

Likewise the mammadov situation. I actually argued against it at the time, but this was a guy with money, who was already involved in a couple of football clubs, that had offered a huge profit. Again, not sure you can criticise him for that.

Really, are you sure? What would have happened if Mr Mammadov came knocking 6 months earlier and the takeover was finalised? Dread to think.

He's got his faults and he's done some things poorly, but he's also responsible for our turn around. He's made some ballsy calls and so far, they've paid off.

We all have faults, I might be coming across like I don't like Milan, I do, I just don't like how he runs the club.

Milan will be judged on his next step, we have been treading water for 3 seasons while he looked to sell, I cant blame him for that, but I will judge him on the next move, he got very lucky with the Mammadov farse, with that I lost abit of trust for Milan.

SWFC are not a Division 3 club, Milan returned us to the place where we were when DA walked, I have yet to see much of a difference in the squads, we had very good players then.

Finally the debt is starting to climb again, so whats changed?

oh... i should probably add i didnt mean violence (wiv me mrs) .... merely 50 questions if a guy so much as said 'hello' ...

'who was that' or 'how do you know him' or 'whats he smiling at you like that for' .....type of sheiite you say when your 16 & in love.... well i did anyway lol

Good to know mate, and I was certainly a much less self assured person at that age too. I think it does come with the territory. It becomes a problem when people have trouble growing past and out of that phase.

Guest TommyTank

Didn't JTO complain about being bullied ? just when did TT start posting ?

Long time reader and to be fair JTO got alot of unfair stick, which ended with him being banned.

Whats all that about? Yes he stood up for himself but to ban him because he isnt in some sort of clique is out of order.

Forums like this are made for debate, what would it be if we all agreed?

Boring.

Didn;t know JTO got banned. 

I thought he was a decent poster.  Didn't agree with everything he said, but that's what a football forum is about,different opinions.  

If we all said the same thing and agreed with everything, there would be less posting on here.  

Guest Amberketal

I probably shouldn't admit this as I'll no doubt get banned again, but this is Jon with a new account. 

First off, I do appreciate the kind words from everybody. I got justifiably banned in the end, I received warning after warning about my conduct and eventually I took it one step too far and I was gone. That's fine. I'm amazed that account lasted as long as it did because as mentioned above, think it was G-Y, where every post I made, no matter whether it was wumming or serious, was slagged off to high heaven. In the end it just caused too much vitriol, too much controversy and I concede Owlstalk has been a better place without my posts of late.

I took some time off to cool down, because initially I was very bitter about it, and came to realise that all the petty arguments and name calling, and most of all point scoring with the 'clappers' tag was just downright childish. I've realised it's just a complete waste of time, and I don't want to aggravate any fellow Wednesday fans.

This account is simply just a way for me to express my occasional opinion on certain topics now. I hope I can just give my opinion without causing arguments, and that the people who read this post understand this and respect it. 

For the record I don't think I know who tommy tank is, and I also really appreciate the kind words from GY especially after our rocky start.

I'm hoping the moderators don't delete this post, or ban this account. 

Hopefully that explains everything.

Guest TommyTank

I probably shouldn't admit this as I'll no doubt get banned again, but this is Jon with a new account. 

First off, I do appreciate the kind words from everybody. I got justifiably banned in the end, I received warning after warning about my conduct and eventually I took it one step too far and I was gone. That's fine. I'm amazed that account lasted as long as it did because as mentioned above, think it was G-Y, where every post I made, no matter whether it was wumming or serious, was slagged off to high heaven. In the end it just caused too much vitriol, too much controversy and I concede Owlstalk has been a better place without my posts of late.

I took some time off to cool down, because initially I was very bitter about it, and came to realise that all the petty arguments and name calling, and most of all point scoring with the 'clappers' tag was just downright childish. I've realised it's just a complete waste of time, and I don't want to aggravate any fellow Wednesday fans.

This account is simply just a way for me to express my occasional opinion on certain topics now. I hope I can just give my opinion without causing arguments, and that the people who read this post understand this and respect it. 

For the record I don't think I know who tommy tank is, and I also really appreciate the kind words from GY especially after our rocky start.

I'm hoping the moderators don't delete this post, or ban this account. 

Hopefully that explains everything.

Welcome back Jon, i mean Amber, WTF.

I'm not going to quote your last reply tommy cos the thing will be too flipping long.

1 - yes you can be unhappy, yes you can make your opinions and yes you can disagree with others. But you can't criticise somebody for defending their opinion, in the same way you defend yours. That's hypocritical.

2 - I don't find it spin. You might, that's your opinion. But again, you can't force others to see it the same way you do.

3 - we were in desperate need of new facos when Milan took over. He also alluded to things being much worse than suspected a few months after he took over. Which I suspect has had an effect on how much he's been able to spend. The rest of that response is contradictory - he's spent the amount he has, which you contest isn't enough, yet we've gone from in the poo to 9th in the championship. Arguably, he's spent the right amount if we've got here?

4 - DJ did indeed screw up a very good side. But Milan backed him and let him sign his own players. Can't say that he shouldn't have allowed Jones to make those signings and accuse him of not backing the manager.

5 - we lost £6m the last year we were in league 1. The fees paid since we were promoted aren't insignificant, especially as without selling Antonio or cog our sales would be zero. We'll make a loss on madine and probably may, reda went for nowt and maguire could too. It can't be a limitless pot.

6 - indeed, what we can't really say is how many attempted signings didn't come off. I'm reliably told we tried for fryatt, Marshall, Kenwyne Jones, Wickham and wood, but we couldn't get them to come or were outbidded.

7 - mammadov was a lucky escape. But it was a billionaire owner of a french football side. On paper it stacked up.

8 - I agree with most of the rest, again the manager is picking the players though. Milan backs them and it doesn't come off, that's the manager who should be accountable. We aren't a third tier side, but the money available to clubs in the top flight has made such a dramatic change, we will genuinely struggle to ever get back there. As iv mentioned before, FFP has effectively shut the door on clubs doing a QPR or man city. We are also trying to compete against clubs earning 18m a year in parachute payments, vs the 1.2m we get. How can any club compete?