Corners

Guest Sheff Owl

Guest Sheff Owl

I'm generally interested if taking a corner has now become an impossible job? (At Hillsborough anyway)

Gray has said they practice them in interviews in the past yet why are ours so pathetic?

Each time Maguire steps up to take them you just know what's going to happen, the first man heads it away, yet we know he does this yet still don't put a man at the front to try and win the header, head it on - ANYTHING!!

Guest Sheff Owl

But i don't understand how it can be so hard to cross a dead ball?

Nobody is blocking you, nobody is challenging you, nobody is pressuring you...YET most of the time we can't be the first man?

We are supposed to practice them also...hmmmmm

Edited by Sheff Owl

But i don't understand how it can be so hard to cross a dead ball?

Nobody is blocking you, nobody is challenging you, nobody is pressuring you...YET most of the time we can't be the first man?

We are supposed to practice them also...hmmmmm

I'd rather us play it short and try to work it for someone shooting from around the 18 yard or something like that rather than what we're doing at the moment.

We have zero threat from corners, although we all too often have zero threat in the box too.

I'm not surprised we've only scored 3 at home this season.

Ever since Ive supported us we've only been good at corners under 2 managers. Sturrock and Megson. Then you actually had excitement when we got one.

All the other times we've been utter poo poo at them. I dont even sit up in my seat when we get them now.

Awful delivery, noone actually attacking the ball. We dont have anyone who can actually score headers apart from Nuhiu.

Guest Sheff Owl

Reda was an absolute monster at corners because he attacked the ball with aggression, i don't see that in any players we have currently.

Reda was an absolute monster at corners because he attacked the ball with aggression, i don't see that in any players we have currently.

Very true. Zayatte, to be fair to him, is about the closest we've got now, but he's injured anyway, and I wouldn't be him in the team just for his will to attack the ball at corners.

Guest Sheff Owl

Very true. Zayatte, to be fair to him, is about the closest we've got now, but he's injured anyway, and I wouldn't be him in the team just for his will to attack the ball at corners.

Oh yeah forgot about Zayatte. Saying that we could have Reda and Zayatte in the team and they wouldn't get chances because the corners are shocking.