why Maguire off and not May?

Guest wilyfox

For all talk of forwards and wingers, we've been through about 8 of em. In my opinion, it's Lee whose giving us an issue. We can't keep it in the middle third against the better sides. Hutchinson's injury forces us to play Semedo. That puts the onus on Lee - who hasn't been the same since his spell on the sidelines.

Don't think he was that bad. Nuhiu was missing in the first half, but surprised madine didn't come on instead of fletcher.

He was rubbish. Too many fans have been suckered in by the pony tail, big fee and reputation. He might turn out to be a world beater, and I hope he does, but his performances, especially recently, have been totally ineffective.

Maguire was about to get sent off. Just dragged back Ollson before he came off.

Another brainless player.

This.

And also a dire performance, he hasn't shown the same form like he did last season, I know he's been on the wing but boy he was poor today, lost the ball countless times.

Gray has plenty of previous at bringing off players he fears might get a second yellow. Can only think that was the reason for bringing Maguire off.

Personally I thought Maguire looked our best outfield player. Going forwards I'd be tempted to play 4 4 1 1 with Maguire in a free rein role between the sole forward and midfield. I think he'd settle into this role pretty easily.

Also think it's time for May to have some time on the bench. It's not working for him at the moment and I think it would do him good to have the responsibility of being the main striker taken away. Could actually see him scoring more coming off the bench at the moment.