Time for a bit of perspective before the moaning starts tonight...

Guest JonTheOwl66

It's still his job

I agree.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying our defense is the problem, far from it.  Its the lack of creativity from midfield and not scoring enough is the real problem.  

Once we start firing on all cylinders, we will be more than alright. 

It's October, we're mid-table and we're picking up points against teams who, apart from Watford, should be beating us if budget and experience is anything to go by. Can't we just be happy and then moan if we're looking foooked by January? ...

No.

1) we pay our money and have a right to say it was see it

2) we've gone from 4th to 13th

3) I genuinely can't remember the last time we scored.

4) we can see the pattern occurring. Players out of position. Dubious signings. Obvious where the problem lies, manager can't see it (or do anything about it)

As soon as Gray brought in more attacking players and 'creativity' we looked a lot more exposed and a lot more likely to concede.

Need to find a balance.

A fortunate draw against a team only just relegated from the Premiership.

It's still his job

The point is that as a team we are not "good defensively". Our keeper should not have to deal with 5 - 6 clear cut chances and save them ALL. Glad he has dont get me wrong but we are not good at anytging at moment. Dominated by norwich in possession and chances qnd territory.

Norwich were top (don't know if they still are)

And on the whole we matched them. We didn't play well today, we didn't create too much, but we were largely untroubled against some very good players.

I'm by no means happy with the performance - but we did OK today. A draw against these lot is a good result

Both of our strikers today need dropping. We need three in midfield with a creative type in there who can link midfield and attack. One up top. Drenthe needs to start. 

we'd get wiped out with just 3 in m/f...

we need more potency in attack...

our m/f defence, and the defence itself is operating fairly well...

we should score more than nil 75% of the time...

we're nilling our way down the division...

The point is that as a team we are not "good defensively". Our keeper should not have to deal with 5 - 6 clear cut chances and save them ALL. Glad he has dont get me wrong but we are not good at anytging at moment. Dominated by norwich in possession and chances qnd territory.

He's part of the defence

We've got the best defence in the league with the second worst attack (only Blackpool scored less)

Basically sums it up.

How long is it going to take Gray before he realises the problem is creating chances?!

it isn't gray...

"here's ten bob, go buy 2 forwards and pi$$ the rest up against the wall"...

Edited by dnhc

Norwich were top (don't know if they still are)

And on the whole we matched them. We didn't play well today, we didn't create too much, but we were largely untroubled against some very good players.

I'm by no means happy with the performance - but we did OK today. A draw against these lot is a good result

Both of our strikers today need dropping. We need three in midfield with a creative type in there who can link midfield and attack. One up top. Drenthe needs to start.

Actually, Norwich were 5th and had won 1 in 7 games. They are still 5th.

We should be going for the jugular at home.

2 pts squandered as we slip ever closer to the bottom 3.

He's part of the defence

Totally trite thing to say. Your logic is akin to playing one man up front and booting it to him with no support then asking why he's not scored. Its tactics and players that are letting us down. We could not have complained today if it was 3-0

Edited by BC1867

again were it not for a general poor form we'd have snatched at this point on paper before the start of the season.

But then it's more the performance people are concerned with. well the performance of our attacking outfit anyway

Guest JonTheOwl66

Actually, Norwich were 5th and had won 1 in 7 games. They are still 5th.

We should be going for the jugular at home.

2 pts squandered as we slip ever closer to the bottom 3.

My mistake.

With 2 minutes to go, we have a chance to get it into the box and STEAL 3 points. But no, he keeps the centre halves in our own half and tells them to hit it into the channels. Absolutely shocking. They were there for the taking but Gray refused to take it.

Anyone saying "put things in perspective" didn't go today.

I would've been more optimistic if we'd have had a go and lost, but I'm afraid that won't happen without some tactical nous behind us.

And to top it off, Gray is happy with that pile. Goes to show that he can't see what is right in front of his face.

Totally trite thing to say. Your logic is akin to playing one man up front and booting it to him with no support then asking why he's not scored. Its tactics and players that are letting us down. We could not have complained today if it was 3-0

Clearly you've never studied logic

no. he's part of the team...

Didn't know they were exclusive of each other. Sorry

With 2 minutes to go, we have a chance to get it into the box and STEAL 3 points. But no, he keeps the centre halves in our own half and tells them to hit it into the channels. Absolutely shocking. They were there for the taking but Gray refused to take it.

Anyone saying "put things in perspective" didn't go today.

I would've been more optimistic if we'd have had a go and lost, but I'm afraid that won't happen without some tactical nous behind us.

And to top it off, Gray is happy with that pile. Goes to show that he can't see what is right in front of his face.

What did he say in his interview to show he was happy? I didn't hear it

Half right. It's tactics that are letting us down. The players are playing to the tactics, and that is nullifying any creativity that we might create.

Half right. It's tactics that are letting us down. The players are playing to the tactics, and that is nullifying any creativity that we might create.

Well we dont need more strikers. We need a cm who is creative so i stand by the need for improvements in players.

Forwards play a big role in that you know.

Obviously.

But how are they meant to do that when the midfield is giving them no support either? 

Way too defensive as a team. The strikers seem to have been told that their primary job is to chase the ball down rather than hang about the box and stick it in the net.