Sheffield Wednesday linked with free agent Houssine Kharja

Guest sheffman

Because it isnt

If we were talking about Mr F. Ishnchips ..... mushy peas...... bread and butter.....   then there wouldnt have been an issue.

Kharja is just an Arabic name though isn't it? Doesn't sound or look like anything else. 

I just find it bizarre that the discussion of a player descends into a joke about Indian food because his name isn't European.

Kharja is just an Arabic name though isn't it? Doesn't sound or look like anything else. 

I just find it bizarre that the discussion of a player descends into a joke about Indian food because his name isn't European.

Probably doesnt look or sound like any Indian dish, to be honest i wouldnt have a clue. However I still dont think suggesting it does is racist.

Im not saying it was particularly clever or funny either though.

Racism is still out there far too much and we should concentrate on stamping that out, not trying to look for it when its not there or meant.

I think it's more to do with the fact his name looks and sounds a bit like bhaaji, rather than simply being Arabic or having any underlying racist connotations.

Sheesh, stop being such a ninny.

I think it's more to do with the fact his name looks and sounds a bit like bhaaji, rather than simply being Arabic or having any underlying racist connotations.

Sheesh, stop being such a ninny.

Sounds like a kebab :tango:

Probably doesnt look or sound like any Indian dish, to be honest i wouldnt have a clue. However I still dont think suggesting it does is racist.

Im not saying it was particularly clever or funny either though.

Racism is still out there far too much and we should concentrate on stamping that out, not trying to look for it when its not there or meant.

How would you know?  You're a 2000 year old Jewish person!  Jesus!