Renaming Hillsborough?

Each time i go to Hillsborough i thank god that we haven't moved to a horrible emotionless stadium like lots have. Part of being a fan is the tradition & Hillsborough is a huge part of that, just as much as the badge or the stripes. I totally disagree with the comments in the article, a good percentage of the club would die for me if the name was changed or had a sponsorship in there. Some things have no price & i'd rather have visited the Baseball ground rather than that non entity Derby have in recent times

Edited by S1Owl

No doubt there's a ton of cash to be had selling the naming rights to Sony, Canon or even Apple. 

But I just want to see...

Hillsborough Stadium

home of 

Sheffield Wednesday FC

All lit up on all sides of our magnificent ground.

That's what makes a connection with the city, the team and the fans. It's what makes your heart skip a beat when you walk up to the turnstile.

Not the same thing if you are just going to be a spectator at the Fletchers Wonderloaf Arena.

Each time i go to Hillsborough i thank god that we haven't moved to a horrible emotionless stadium like lots have. Part of being a fan is the tradition & Hillsborough is a huge part of that, just as much as the badge or the stripes. I totally disagree with the comments in the article, a good percentage of the club would die for me if the name was changed or had a sponsorship in there. Some things have no price & i'd rather have visited the Baseball ground rather than that non entity Derby have in recent times

Yeah. I'd love to still be visiting the Baseball Ground too. It would mean that Derby weren't benefitting from the increased revenue streams that Pride Park brings.

Nostalgia and tradition is great and all that, but football clubs need money and Wednesday is operating at a loss.

If a naming/sponsorship deal (or even a relocation) is going to increase revenue it needs to be at least considered.

Edited by Neal M

I move a lot of concrete on the QVC.