Team Vs. Man City

This is the main point.

If we play our strongest 11 possible, they've worked with eachother most of the season. Especially our defence.

City's 2nd string haven't played all together. They're quality individual players, but a team?

I'm confident that we'll give them a good game. And that's all I want. I want to leave that stadium feeling proud of the players, regardless of the result.

Hmmm.  Nothing would stop me from seeing my brother if he was on his deathbed.  Obviously, I don't know the circumstances and constraints that Yaya Toure experienced but the reason for the trip to Abu Dhabi seems quite trivial in the grand scheme of things.  The guy has my sympathy in terms of losing his brother but I can't help feeling a little sceptical about the reasons for him not seeing his brother and the purpose of him stating this reason for his grievance. 

i guess he assumed his brother would pull through, or atleast hold on a bit longer. i doubt if it was clear he was on his death bed he would have gone. city probably said "you have to come or the sheikh'll be all upset, he's told his family all about you. if his situation gets any worse we'll send you back".

no-one can pick these things and when you've got some arsehole sleazy executive tellin you, hes not gonna die right now is he and all that rounduns i can imagine they convinced him or atleast to the point he wasnt insistant on staying so got dragged along.

i guess that was probably the reason he didnt want to sign a new contract, shouldn't have. dispiccable business practices

Guest OWLSCHRIS

I'd go with a defensive look and see what we can do on the counter. Let's face it we will be pushed hard.

Kirkland

Buxton Lees Dielna Mattock

Palmer Semedo

Helan May Maghoma

Madine

Sorry if this has already been raised, but I took a look at City's team at this stage last year - a 5-0 win at home to Wigan.

Pantillimon

Richards

Lescott

Boyata

Clichy

Milner

Garcia

Fernandinho

Lopes

Dzeko

Jovetic

Subs used:

Toure.Y

Navas

Negredo

Unused subs:

Wright

Kolarov

Nasri

Nastasic

Pretty good, huh?

Can only hope that City have adopted a hugely arrogant and complacent attitude to the League Cup this year.

As for us, strongest possible team - I am sure every player in our squad will be desperate to play. We should let them.

i guess he assumed his brother would pull through, or atleast hold on a bit longer. i doubt if it was clear he was on his death bed he would have gone. city probably said "you have to come or the sheikh'll be all upset, he's told his family all about you. if his situation gets any worse we'll send you back".

no-one can pick these things and when you've got some arsehole sleazy executive tellin you, hes not gonna die right now is he and all that rounduns i can imagine they convinced him or atleast to the point he wasnt insistant on staying so got dragged along.

i guess that was probably the reason he didnt want to sign a new contract, shouldn't have. dispiccable business practices

To be fair mate, you've just guessed at that and then, hilariously, condemned Man City for acting in a way that you guess they were acting. I take it that you're not a high court judge?