TableGazers Thread 2014-2015

Guest JonTheOwl66

We've got a run of insanely difficult fixtures really. If we can pick up another 10 points before November then I think we've got a great chance of top half.

Guest JonTheOwl66

Tables don't lie and our next two fixtures are of teams below us in the league .I think that after those two if we are still  ( and i hope we are ) in the top 6 after then this is the year to make the push.

Both Cardiff and Ipswich are miles better than us. Don't get carried away, we aren't a play-off team currently.

Early stages yet, but Forest seem to be the form team and have a lot of options, especially going forward (I was sceptical Sam about Assombalongadingdong's pricetag at first, but seems to be worth the money), but we only lost to them by the odd goal and it could've gone either way. 

We're doing fantastic up to now, if we had a real player who could link the midfield and the front two just that little bit better, we would be laughing. We are where we are mainly down to Westwood and the back four. 

And Atdhe, obviously.

Tables don't lie and our next two fixtures are of teams below us in the league .I think that after those two if we are still  ( and i hope we are ) in the top 6 after then this is the year to make the push.

Tables DO lie and as Bill Shankly said, you should not even look at them until Christmas. It's only people like me who have fun with them before that.

Have you seen my "predict the end of the season places based on the half time scores of the opening fixtures" spreadsheet BTW?

As soon as I make it I'll send it to you! :biggrin:

Tables DO lie and as Bill Shankly said, you should not even look at them until Christmas. It's only people like me who have fun with them before that.

Have you seen my "predict the end of the season places based on the half time scores of the opening fixtures" spreadsheet BTW?

I'm young enough to have never experienced such happiness at our position in the league. Makes me giddy. Don't take that away from me otherwiise ill have nothing but my sippy cup

Post it, go on, post it mate.

I'm young enough to have never experienced such happiness at our position in the league. Makes me giddy. Don't take that away from me otherwiise ill have nothing but my sippy cup

Excellent admonition. Accepted with good grace. But remember (or not, in your case)

"Bertie Mee said to Bill Shankly:

'Have you heard of the North Bank, Highbury?'

He said: 'No, I don't think so,

But I've heard of The East Bank Aggro!'

(Tune is "The Tennessee Wig Walk")

I'm not sure what that has to do with it, I just couldn't help spewing it out!:-)

Edited by VictoryBell

And we've dropped enough silly points to be top!

Good professional performance today though.

Grinding out 1-nils in tight games is promotion form!

hmm not sure about that the crazy ' let's all head it like 50p heads til it goes out for an injury time corner'  got me a tad vexed