Gervais Martel

Yeah sounds that way.

As long as your owner's principles don't get your team relegated that's fine I guess.

Edited by HRH

Yeah sounds that way.

As long as your owner's principles don't get your team relegated that's fine I guess.

If Lens had submitted an operating cost budget of 38 million in the first place, none this sorry mess would have happened.

Guest conisbrough

There is a real financial crisis in the world at the moment with the majority of European countries and banks teetering on the brink. It is clear to me Mammadov is a front man for Azerjaibani government, the contracts and th extent of the business he controls in Azerjaiban is at a level where if he sinks so does the country. The reserves of gas and oil the country has means they will always have the ability to raise finance. The reports I have read involve sums whch are relatively trivial in world of finance and have not seen what the actual take up of the 150USD LPN actually was. It would not be a surprise that majority are still held by Bank of Azerjaiban. The second tranche did not go ahead which suggested first attempt to raise outside finance was a failure.

Azerjaiban is like lts of other countries in developing world, Dubai, Qatar, Kazaksthan which are striving to develop cities and infrastructure to a comparable level of Western world. To help with the proess they raise profile in West by sponsoring events. Football is Azerjaiban's chosen vehicle.

Clearly they selected Lens because of history and passionate fans. It appears they were not aware of other problems which existed e.g ground issues and disfunctional Chairman. Think its clear Mammadov switched his attentions to Britain last season after realising problems. He was looking for a club in January 2014. When Wenesday takeove was announced the French press immediately said would result in 10 million less budget for Lens. Alot of spin/froth was produced and this was washed under carpet by Mertel. He tried to bully his way out of situation and has landed on his backside.

Think issue of ratification has proved difficult due to Mammadov having to indicate where his income is generated and although it can be seen its the Government producing something on paper to say its out of Government s purse is not so easy.

I think if it gets approved we will be ok and we will be well funded. One note of caution think Wednesday fans need not to act daft and treat Land of Fire with respect as they will be prepared to pull plug as indicated by Lens situation.

There is a real financial crisis in the world at the moment with the majority of European countries and banks teetering on the brink. It is clear to me Mammadov is a front man for Azerjaibani government, the contracts and th extent of the business he controls in Azerjaiban is at a level where if he sinks so does the country. The reserves of gas and oil the country has means they will always have the ability to raise finance. The reports I have read involve sums whch are relatively trivial in world of finance and have not seen what the actual take up of the 150USD LPN actually was. It would not be a surprise that majority are still held by Bank of Azerjaiban. The second tranche did not go ahead which suggested first attempt to raise outside finance was a failure.

Azerjaiban is like lts of other countries in developing world, Dubai, Qatar, Kazaksthan which are striving to develop cities and infrastructure to a comparable level of Western world. To help with the proess they raise profile in West by sponsoring events. Football is Azerjaiban's chosen vehicle.

Clearly they selected Lens because of history and passionate fans. It appears they were not aware of other problems which existed e.g ground issues and disfunctional Chairman. Think its clear Mammadov switched his attentions to Britain last season after realising problems. He was looking for a club in January 2014. When Wenesday takeove was announced the French press immediately said would result in 10 million less budget for Lens. Alot of spin/froth was produced and this was washed under carpet by Mertel. He tried to bully his way out of situation and has landed on his backside.

Think issue of ratification has proved difficult due to Mammadov having to indicate where his income is generated and although it can be seen its the Government producing something on paper to say its out of Government s purse is not so easy.

I think if it gets approved we will be ok and we will be well funded. One note of caution think Wednesday fans need not to act daft and treat Land of Fire with respect as they will be prepared to pull plug as indicated by Lens situation.

Good post.

Wrong Sage Owl

First of all I think the deal will go through

Furthermore, why should I be that bothered about your pending new owner? I am actually of the opinion you are walking into potentially unknown and possibly dangerous territory for your club longer term

If he were on his way to be our owner, it would sit a little uncomfortably with me. However, if you are happy then that's all that matters

Every time any of us walk down the Street or drive our car, you're entering unknown territory, non of know the future.

Guest JonTheOwl66

The problem is (and this is just my opinion) - those that state ourselves and Lens are not linked are inextricably wrong.

Technically, we are both owned by the same majority shareholder. I fail to see how on earth you can argue that it's not the case.

However I don't necessarily think the problems at Lens are anything to be concerned about. It just seem slightly amateurish but it's not something to get overly concerned about.

Despite that, what is frustrating, is that we seem pretty much at the will of the FL to ratify the takeover. If it's not done before the start of the season then we are seriously short. Unless of course we plan to go for, at best, a mid-table push.

Surely both Mammadov and Mandaric should have realised that potentially this is a lengthy process (although I'm not terribly sure WHY it is) and we could miss out on crucial signings while we wait for the FL to get their act together.

The only thing that excuses this abysmal scenario is if - perhaps - when the takeover is ratified we spend mega-bucks. And I mean really big.

That for me is the only thing where this situation can be excused. It's not a case of Mammadov being potentially bankrupt or the global banking situation, it's SWFC that are suffering.

And people may well say you know it isn't that big a deal - but preparation is everything. We could potentially sign players who haven't had a full and proper pre-season, meaning they aren't up to scratch come the start of the season - and then we're playing catch-up from there on.

If it's sorted this week, we can kick on. Any later and it's a tad concerning.

Considering this though... I still think the takeover will 100% go through still. It's a case of when not if for me. It's just whether it will happen with enough time to get the squad up to scratch.

The problem is (and this is just my opinion) - those that state ourselves and Lens are not linked are inextricably wrong.

Technically, we are both owned by the same majority shareholder. I fail to see how on earth you can argue that it's not the case.

However I don't necessarily think the problems at Lens are anything to be concerned about. It just seem slightly amateurish but it's not something to get overly concerned about.

Despite that, what is frustrating, is that we seem pretty much at the will of the FL to ratify the takeover. If it's not done before the start of the season then we are seriously short. Unless of course we plan to go for, at best, a mid-table push.

Surely both Mammadov and Mandaric should have realised that potentially this is a lengthy process (although I'm not terribly sure WHY it is) and we could miss out on crucial signings while we wait for the FL to get their act together.

The only thing that excuses this abysmal scenario is if - perhaps - when the takeover is ratified we spend mega-bucks. And I mean really big.

That for me is the only thing where this situation can be excused. It's not a case of Mammadov being potentially bankrupt or the global banking situation, it's SWFC that are suffering.

And people may well say you know it isn't that big a deal - but preparation is everything. We could potentially sign players who haven't had a full and proper pre-season, meaning they aren't up to scratch come the start of the season - and then we're playing catch-up from there on.

If it's sorted this week, we can kick on. Any later and it's a tad concerning.

Considering this though... I still think the takeover will 100% go through still. It's a case of when not if for me. It's just whether it will happen with enough time to get the squad up to scratch.

But if we are spending megabucks it wont be on free transfers will it? In which case said player will have had pre season with his current club? Would imagine even out of contract players are getting themselves ready?

Nothing new, old info. Everyone is talking about his businesses failing. He's not buying us through his company, he's buying us out of his own pocket. Personal wealth. Every business he's ever touched could fail and HM will still be a rich man...unless he uses his own money to help a failing company but any businessman will tell you, never put your own money into a company.

Do people really believe that the Football Leaague are/or want to delay the process?  FFS

The FL will want this of their 'to do list' as soon as all the documentation/evidence is provided.

A few posters somehow think this delay is down to the FL, clueless.

Tim needs to hypnotise himself into not believing every rumour/bullshit/bad translation on the internet. Azerbaijani press seems to be the equivalent of the News of the World and we know what happened to them.

Edited by Grimbarian