Sheffield Wednesday consider move for Chelsea striker

Sheffield Wednesday are considering a move for 18-year-old Chelsea striker Islam Feruz, according to FLW sources.

islam-feruz-chelsea-indonesia-all-stars_

Islam Feruz is set for a loan spell in the Championship

The Scotland Under-21 international is set to leave Stamford Bridge on loan to acquire some first-team football, and the Owls are interested.

The 18-year-old signed a new deal at Chelsea at the start of the year, after a string of impressive displays for the Chelsea Under-21 side.

ADVERTISEMENT

Feruz has featured for Scotland at Under-17 and Under-21 level, however the Somalia born forward has not played for the team since they were thrashed 6-0 by England Under-21′s.

Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho is keen to let the 18-year-old striker leave on loan at attain first-team experience.

Be a good signing, should ask for Loftus-Cheek while we're at it, forming a good relationship with Chelsea would be a good plan, they've got some quality youngsters that will never see the first team while Abramovich is there

He's Scottish for a start.

So is Liam Palmer.... your point?

All I am saying is us as fans really need to take a reality check.

Mama isn't going to chuck Millions into it from the off, signing players on big bucks.

Young hungry players like this have always been a successful way to do well at low cost.

Guest Harry Coy

So is Liam Palmer.... your point?

All I am saying is us as fans really need to take a reality check.

Mama isn't going to chuck Millions into it from the off, signing players on big bucks.

Young hungry players like this have always been a successful way to do well at low cost.

I don't recall many 18 year olds bagging 20+ in the championship.

Might be a few that have done so, but it's pretty rare