2-0

Guest UpTheOwlsss

Their comeback really wasn't in the script.

I said that we needed an early first goal & we'd cruise to a 4 or 5 nil win. I put a quid on Nuhiu to score first & Wednesday to win 4-0 at 150/1

Everything was going well...they got a lucky goal through our mistake & our heads dropped. They just kept taking advantage of our generous mistakes.

That 2nd half was one of the most boring all season.

Guest UpTheOwlsss

Their comeback really wasn't in the script.

I said that we needed an early first goal & we'd cruise to a 4 or 5 nil win. I put a quid on Nuhiu to score first & Wednesday to win 4-0 at 150/1

Everything was going well...they got a lucky goal through our mistake & our heads dropped. They just kept taking advantage of our generous mistakes.

That 2nd half was one of the most boring all season.

Yep true really

Tbh Antonio was playing poor but when he want off we just didn't have any threat for me he should have stayed on and Had 15 minutes at HT to sit down and relax and come out all guns blazing

Helan LM never works as he creates next to nothing! Antonio should have been LM and maguire right

Yep true really

Tbh Antonio was playing poor but when he want off we just didn't have any threat for me he should have stayed on and Had 15 minutes at HT to sit down and relax and come out all guns blazing

Helan LM never works as he creates next to nothing! Antonio should have been LM and maguire right

What showed more than anything today was how crucial our 'steady eddies' are.

Obviously Buxton was missing from the start, meaning Palmer had to be moved to right back. He did a job there but I don't think Coke offers ANYTHING, we missed a presence to compliment Lee in midfield, whether that be Hutchinson or Palmer...something was missing. Then once Palmer went off we had to move Lee to right back..and the shape of the team went to pot.

Palmer, Lee & Buxton are all players who will put in 7/10 performances minimum. Not only that, they make this team tick. We struggled in that second half because there were no runners. Lee did his best but couldn't really affect things from right back, regardless of how much he tried to link play & bomb forward. It just wasn't happening and it left us exposed at the back.

That second half was abysmal. We didn't play badly...we just didn't play. I can't remember anything of real note happening in that second half. 

I disagree about what you said about Helan though to be honest...he looked our only outlet. He had Solly for breakfast in that second half. IF we were to score in the second half it was going to come from him. 

Guest UpTheOwlsss

Glossy owl it was for tactical reasons SG said on radio!

Thought you had Jordan spence as your picture then mate hahah then realised it was palmer

Obviously Buxton was missing from the start, meaning Palmer had to be moved to right back. He did a job there but I don't think Coke offers ANYTHING, we missed a presence to compliment Lee in midfield, whether that be Hutchinson or Palmer...something was missing. Then once Palmer went off we had to move Lee to right back..and the shape of the team went to pot.

Palmer, Lee & Buxton are all players who will put in 7/10 performances minimum. Not only that, they make this team tick. We struggled in that second half because there were no runners. Lee did his best but couldn't really affect things from right back, regardless of how much he tried to link play & bomb forward. It just wasn't happening and it left us exposed at the back.

That second half was abysmal. We didn't play badly...we just didn't play. I can't remember anything of real note happening in that second half. 

I disagree about what you said about Helan though to be honest...he looked our only outlet. He had Solly for breakfast in that second half. IF we were to score in the second half it was going to come from him. 

agree entirely with this APART from the helan bit. yes he had the beating of the fullback BUT other than pace he has nothing to offer going forwards (cannot pass,cross,shoot etc).he should be our 1st choice leftback but NEVER used in midfield. mcguire would have created openings had he been in that position for the 2nd half, helan just ran down blind alleys.   

Bit harsh. Came off injured at half time. Could have been an explainable factor in him coming off.

no injury at all according to SG 

Guest UpTheOwlsss

Agree mate !

Thing is with coke if you think about it he has all the makings of a good player

Around 6ft so capable of winning header which he does,both footed again another strength,pretty strong and doesn't get pushed about,pretty quick again another strength BUT he drifts in and out of games so much it's unreal! 5 mins he's class then for next 25 you wouldn't know he was playing ! Came back from bury with a. Few goals and thought he could add a few for us however it hasn't happened

Agree mate !

Thing is with coke if you think about it he has all the makings of a good player

Around 6ft so capable of winning header which he does,both footed again another strength,pretty strong and doesn't get pushed about,pretty quick again another strength BUT he drifts in and out of games so much it's unreal! 5 mins he's class then for next 25 you wouldn't know he was playing ! Came back from bury with a. Few goals and thought he could add a few for us however it hasn't happened

League One is his level. I don't even think he drifts in and out of games, he just isn't in them. He hides.

It's quite clearly a confidence thing. He doesn't want to commit to anything just incase he ballses it up & he's been that way when he plays for us ever since he missed that penalty vs Yeovil in that 2-2 game vs 9 men a few years back.

I have noticed how he does play better away from home. Maybe he's one of those players DJ was on about when he spoke about players being 'scared of Hillsborough'.

I dunno. I've met Coke on numerous occasions, nice bloke...nothing personal against him...I just don't think his future lies here. He needs a fresh start in league one where he's not going to drift in and out of the team.

Guest UpTheOwlsss

League One is his level. I don't even think he drifts in and out of games, he just isn't in them. He hides.

It's quite clearly a confidence thing. He doesn't want to commit to anything just incase he ballses it up & he's been that way when he plays for us ever since he missed that penalty vs Yeovil in that 2-2 game vs 9 men a few years back.

I have noticed how he does play better away from home. Maybe he's one of those players DJ was on about when he spoke about players being 'scared of Hillsborough'.

I dunno. I've met Coke on numerous occasions, nice bloke...nothing personal against him...I just don't think his future lies here. He needs a fresh start in league one where he's not going to drift in and out of the team.

Yep seems a player who could well at a smaller club in league 1 tbf

Lets be honest lee semedo and hutch are all in front of him in the pecking order but obvs lee played at the side of him and hutch was suspended and semedo injured

The fact that Helan had the beating of solly says more about their player than ours, Helan is poor down the wing which shows just how awful their right back is. The second half was utterly tedious, between timewasting, lethargic play and hoof ball, nothing happened. I'm actually pleased he took Antonio off for tactical reasons, it's a wake up call for him, plus we don't have to add yet another name to the fixture list. For two games left I would honestly say give McKenzie a run out, even if we lose both it's worth a try, if he plays ok then that would be a huge confidence boost and surely he couldn't be any worse than Llera, or taylor, judging by the fact that Llera seems to be keeping him out of the team. Do we know how long palmer is out for if the substitution was actually forced.

The fact that Helan had the beating of solly says more about their player than ours, Helan is poor down the wing which shows just how awful their right back is. The second half was utterly tedious, between timewasting, lethargic play and hoof ball, nothing happened. I'm actually pleased he took Antonio off for tactical reasons, it's a wake up call for him, plus we don't have to add yet another name to the fixture list. For two games left I would honestly say give McKenzie a run out, even if we lose both it's worth a try, if he plays ok then that would be a huge confidence boost and surely he couldn't be any worse than Llera, or taylor, judging by the fact that Llera seems to be keeping him out of the team. Do we know how long palmer is out for if the substitution was actually forced.

I don't like Taylor but why not give him a chance first?