Michael Owen

Guest Big Guns

He was fantastic at his peak.

I remember him getting applauded off after his hat-trick at Hillsborough

The only player I've heard cheered all the way back to the half way line after his hat trick goal and I've been watch wednesday for 50 odd years...mind you there's flipping idiots on here who says he's crap

Give over. Never scored 20 league goals in a season but finished on 18 or 19 most seasons at Liverpool and well over 20 goals in all comps. Pretty much a goal every other game for Liverpool.

Fourth top England scorer and B'allon D'or winner. Not bad to say he was never the same after the age of what, 22?

on reflection I was a bit harsh

but it's still a remarkable fact given his status

He was England's last truly world class player. But only for a couple of years until his body packed up.

This might be rounduns but I can remember reading somewhere a good few years back that Liverpool gave Gerrard a few months off to rehabilitate even though he wasn't injured. Something they either learnt or was similar to what Owen needed but never got. Down to playing 5,6 times a week full games and ontop of training 3,4 times a week during their early teen years. Think Gerrard's had something also to do with growing pains which I don't think effected Owen but still fooked em up and Owen never faced up to the problem until it was to late.