300 Days

Guest v1images

So 700 days since our last away penalty and 300 since our last home penalty. Wow that's over 1000 days since we last had a penalty.

If our cup tie went to penalties I'd imagine the ref would intervene and not allow us to take any. Just let charlton have their five

Edited by wakefieldowl

So 700 days since our last away penalty and 300 since our last home penalty. Wow that's over 1000 days since we last had a penalty.

If our cup tie went to penalties I'd imagine the ref would intervene and not allow us to take any. Just let charlton have their five

Genius.  :tango:

There is a good reason why we should have less than other teams, but not a good reason why we shouldn't have had any.

Most pens are for fouls in the area - in order to get a pen, you have to have a player with the ball at their feet, under control. The more a team is struggling in their general play, the less time you will spend in the opposition box. Its no surprise that Leicester are the outstanding team this year, and they have had loads of pens - plenty of attacking players spending lots of time in the area.

With respect. That is rubbish.   The ball could be anywhere on the pitch and it would still be a penalty, providing the ball is not out of play at the time.

There is a good reason why we should have less than other teams, but not a good reason why we shouldn't have had any.

Most pens are for fouls in the area - in order to get a pen, you have to have a player with the ball at their feet, under control. The more a team is struggling in their general play, the less time you will spend in the opposition box. Its no surprise that Leicester are the outstanding team this year, and they have had loads of pens - plenty of attacking players spending lots of time in the area.

That's true up to a point, but it doesn't explain why we haven't been awarded so many absolutely blatant penalties over the last couple of years whilst other teams seem to get regular "soft" penalties.

Leicester have had a load, and I'm sure some of them were debatable. I think Palace were awarded 15+ last season and edged into the playoffs and subsequently the Premier League. Even Barnsley seem to have been awarded quite a few this season, so it does feel like a conspiracy when we're regularly denied stonewallers.

Guest tha_knows

I know we've had a penalty since, but for me the L**ds game last season when Becchio handballed it summed up the kind of luck we have when it comes to penalty decisions.

lol