Giles Coke

I agree with Fras in that Semedo and Coke are our best options. It's not their fault that our chairman has sanctioned a load of ageing free transfers and tried to do things on the cheap. They at least try hard they're just not good enough.

Some fans are nuts.

Coke was signed for peanuts from the basement of football somewhere, is paid 5 groats and 2 turnips a week and people think he should be s heady combination of Platini circa 83 and Makalele circa 2002.

Coke for the money he costs us is fine - applies himself, shows at times quality above his station. Dont hammer the guy becuse he is cheap.

Correct.

Strange how our midfield is terrible but macabe still doesn't get a chance to prove him self.

This time last year McCabe scored an absolute screamer of a volley against Charlton, great technique.

So what's happened then? He did nothing wrong in the games he started last season. DJ obviously saw something in him because he put him straight into the starting 11 against Derby first game of last season despite only completing the move the day before and not having a full pre season.

It's time the backroom staff put some faith in the likes of McCabe or else the potential they do have will go to waste.

Coke wasn't fit today. I'm by no means his biggest fan, but at present him and Semedo offer our best midfield pairing. Sad but true.

Thought Semedo was our best player today. Worked tirelessly when others around him didn't, and used the ball well.

But we're crying out for someone with Coke's drive but with quality on the ball and an appetite that Coke lacks. Megson didn't bomb Coke out for no reason. He just doesn't have the desire needed to produce consistent performances.

The sad thing is, these sorts of players aren't a rarity. There's plenty about, but our shocking recruitment policy has left us with an abundance of players that only have one or two of the attributes required.

absolutely .. sums Coke up in one post .. has the energy but lacks the drive and consistency .. you dont get that with cheapo players otherwise Coke would be in the prem bossing a midfield ...

Guest wilyfox

i think Coke has had some good games this year. Lacks consistency & the ability to go from game to game without getting injured though. He's the most rounded midfielder we have - but that's not saying alot. Decent squad player; but personally i'd rather see us fail from time to time with Corry & McCabe than persevere with Coke, Semedo, *** & McPhail.

Why single out Coke after a 'performance' like yesterday.Who do you think played well??

None of them, except from Nuhiu.

What's the point of a forum if you can't discuss certain individual performances? I'm not basing my opinion on Coke on one game, it's based on his performance throughout the season thus far, which for me hasn't been good enough.

Which is part of the reason why we are struggling, playing League One midfielders who simply aren't what is required for this level of football.

This time last year McCabe scored an absolute screamer of a volley against Charlton, great technique.

So what's happened then? He did nothing wrong in the games he started last season. DJ obviously saw something in him because he put him straight into the starting 11 against Derby first game of last season despite only completing the move the day before and not having a full pre season.

It's time the backroom staff put some faith in the likes of McCabe or else the potential they do have will go to waste.

I think it's obvious now something's gone off behind the scenes with McCabe. Hopefully a new man will come in a see the potential f this lad.