Match Fitness

DJ said last night after the game that there are players currently playing that aren't match fit and that they are running on memory and that once these players are up to full strength the signs will be more promising. I'm not sure who he is referring to here and it maybe Fryatt (although he played in the cup for Hull before signing for us), McPhail (he's been training for us for a bit now and his game is not about box to box) or Roger Johnson (lack of competitive games). If it's anyone else, should they really be playing if not match fit?

I know, just trying to work out in my head who it could have been in relation to. I'm thinking he probably means Fryatt, Roger Johnson, McPhail and Buxton seeing as he's just back from injury. That's a lot of players lacking in match fitness and running by memory alone.

Guest Big Guns

Antonio is carrying an injury he needs resting

JJ can always step in or magoma

No need to play an injured winger

Bad management

Guest wilyfox

We can't afford to leave any of the fore-mentioned players out. Roger, McPhail, Fryatt & Buxton are all key to what we're doing right now.

Buxton-not played for ages or had a pre season

Roger Johnson- similar

McPhail, only played 5 competative games in last year

Fryatt-had a bad injury a while back, didnt play much for Hull last year.

So those 4 wont be fit, Antonio isnt 100% either. If we can scrape a victory vs Ipswich then go into the 2 week international break on a high and get some more fitness work done with the above, we should be ok!

Guest totemowl

I'm ITK and it's a fact that the only way to get match fit is to play games.

However, Jones has also indicated Antonio's struggling as above.