Where will we finish next year?

You'll see I've not been on here long but I've already learnt that you can't please everyone and its very much about a difference of opinions, some peoples aren't worth a second look (Leamington and Big Guns)… Anyway, without being a "stagnator" and being realistic, I would expect a top 10 finish next season to be a good season for us. 

I am full of optimism and quite often the first to get carried away when we win 2 or 3 games in a row and speak of MM's ambition and know what his number 1 aim is and he wants success immediately which is fantastic, but I see a lot of teams next season pushing at the top end with similar objectives, does anyone realistically think we will finish above…

QPR, Reading, Wigan, Brighton, Leicester, Forest, Blackpool, Middlesbrough, Blackburn??

I could have thrown one or two more in there but I am optimistic we have a good chance of finishing ahead of Palace (if they don't go up) Bolton, Charlton, Derby, Leeds etc…

I want promotion next season but based on this and unless we spend big in the next couple of months, a good season would be finishing 10th, but would you be happy with that?

Big Guns is alright bless him, his only crime is that he thinks Helan is worth half a million quid, cant lump him in with Leamington though.

As for where we'll finish, I'm guessing about 17th, but would like to see us around the middle, 12th would do me just fine.

Guest SouthLeedsOwl

It really all depends on who we sign. DJ has indicated he wants 5 new players but i cant imagine given his budget the players he will sign can mount a promotion push. I might be wrong but i would say we'll finish anywhere between 10th and 18th.

Guest kingscross2hirst

Blackpool? Cant see them being anywhere near a threat. Theyre on freefall. Once they lose Tom Ince, they'll be fighting it out with the likes of Yeovil.

Depends on the recruitment in the summer, if we can get lita plus another striker, ebanks-blake/simeon Jackson, plus 2 good centre mids and a good winger then I'd fancy us for a playoff push.

If not and our starting 11 consists of the likes of coke, prutton, Howard, llera etc then I'd expect lower half at best.

Nothing against the above just need better to progress

Not a great deal of optimism here at the moment.

Naturally it depends on who comes in - indeed who signs a new contract first!

But given a good return on the latter and three decent signings then I would think we would be capable of being in with a shout of the play-offs.  That would keep the season exciting and if it ultimately means a top 10 finish, what a good season it will have been.

I'm certain we will improve on last season - onwards and upwards, eh?

Hopefully we see progression, more of a settled squad of our own players and not as close to the drop zone this season.

Can't see the Championship being as crazy next season so a solid 10th-14th place would be a good step forward.

Given the advent of FFP next season and the fact that we are in fairly sound financial shape I fully expect us to be in the top 10.

Clubs that I expect to struggle and finish below us due to FFP or internal problems are:

Yeovil, Bournemouth, Doncaster, Barnsley, Blackpool, Millwall, Blackburn, Middlesborough, Huddersfield, Ipswich, Birmingham, Charlton and Watford (if they don't go up). QPR are  a financial disaster and despite parachute payments I think could do a Wolves and who knows how Brighton will react to the loss of Poyet (and as a result half their team).

Guest Lawrie Maddens Hump

I'd like to think that we'll be top six material next season. But, who knows?!?