If The Season Started 20 Games Ago... This Is How The League Table Would Look..

In the time that ourselves, Barnsley, Ipswich and Peterborough have put together excellent runs of form, teams with great squads on paper for this league - Leicester, Middlesborough, Blackburn - have been handing out points to anyone who wants them. Meanwhile while others like Palace, Brighton and possibly Blackpool have arguably underachieved given their talented forward players.

Add into this mix an unusually high managerial turnover that has affected many teams in the league, causing turmoil and sudden drops in form for some - fast rises up the table for others (i.e. Forest), and the whole thing has been a bizarre, fascinating season.

I think it's fair to say that Cardiff , Hull and Watford are the only teams who have clearly risen above the rest with consistency. It's hard to imagine them offering that much to the Premiership, at least not without major summer signings - but having said that, the bottom half of the prem hasn't been great this season, and I don't think any of the relegated teams - QPR, Reading and .. Sunderland? are necessarily going to find life easy in the championship. 

Given that the teams coming up from league 1 aren't exactly setting the world alight either, it could be another close season next year. 

Many have complained about the Championship this season, and how it has been 'crazy' in that there is so little difference between the bottom 20 clubs. 3 good wins for one club and 3 successive defeats by another can alter the league standings dramatically. My own opinion FWIW is that this has made for a great season of soccer following. My nails are bitten to the quick. So much more interesting when so many sides are on a par with each other.

A good end?

You make it sound like he's just won half a dozen games in April/May.  :rolleyes:

Overall this season has been good, despite an awful start.

touche

you make it sound like we lost a couple of games early on.

we actually didn't start too bad then had a run of 6 and then 7 losses on the bounce!

you don't lose that many games in a season and not deserve to be fighting relegation.

fair play to jones, he's turned it around but you don't forget runs like that in a hurry.

like others have mentioned, lets hope he's learned from his obvious mistakes this season, otherwise milan will definatley sack him next time