If The Season Started 20 Games Ago... This Is How The League Table Would Look..

Guest ChadOwl

where were we in the first 20 games?

does a manager get judged on his last half of the season or all of it?

overall the season has been poor , despite having a good end!

we should stick with jones but realise he's made some big mistakes this season.

We should be judged on the second half! Because the first half of the season..in our first year back in the championship..is all about adapting. He will realise he's made mistakes, Taylor, Mattock, Bothroyd for example, but he rectified all them mistakes did he not? If you would have asked most Wednesdayites at the start of the season if we would have taken mid table come the end of the season, only the stupid ones would have said no!

Overall the season has been GOOD I would say.

We should be judged on the second half! Because the first half of the season..in our first year back in the championship..is all about adapting. He will realise he's made mistakes, Taylor, Mattock, Bothroyd for example, but he rectified all them mistakes did he not? If you would have asked most Wednesdayites at the start of the season if we would have taken mid table come the end of the season, only the stupid ones would have said no!

Overall the season has been GOOD I would say.

most wednesdayites wouldn't have complained if jones was sacked for losing 13 out of 15 mid season either.

it will only be judged a good season if he learns for next season (provided we stay up of course).

for me , jones has had a mixed season and has a bit to prove.

i go into next season with high hopes after the end of this season but i don't think milan will stand another run like we had this season, next season.

Guest JunglisticOwl

Cheers Neil. Been wanting to look at this for a while but couldn't be bothered to figure it out myself.

That table is informative as to why it as taken so long to pull clear despite our good form. 

The last game before that table started was the 3-2 home defeat to Bristol City. The bottom seven at that point were Wednesday, Bristol City, Barnsley, Peterborough, Birmingham, Bolton and Ipswich. All of these teams - except Bristol City - are in the top half based on the last 20 games. So we've had to overhaul teams close by who are also in good form. 

Conversely we have passed Wolves (who were 13 points clear), Huddersfield, Leeds, Blackpool and and Blackburn (all 14 points clear), and Millwall (18 points). And if we win early on Saturday we'll pass - at least temporarily - Birmingham (9), Burnley (13), Charlton (14), Derby (17) and - almost unbelievably - Middlesbrough (23 points ahead at the time).

We haven't just caught one of these clubs, we've caught them all, which really shows to me what a turn round the team has pulled off. While it has not always been pretty the effort it took to put the brakes on the skid and accelerate up the table the way we have should not be underestimated.

Well done DJ, and well done Stuart Gray. Almost over the line. 

Edited by NHOwl

The season did'nt start 20 games ago tho.

I don't think anyone is saying that it did. But credit where it is due. The management and the players have turned round a difficult situation in a tough division. The club could have fired Dave Jones and then blamed him when we got relegated. They didn't and - as long as something unusual doesn't happen in he next week or so - the club will have successfully established itself a division higher than a year ago - a basis from which it can progress. Personally I think that's a reason for optimism. 

Guest ChadOwl

most wednesdayites wouldn't have complained if jones was sacked for losing 13 out of 15 mid season either.

it will only be judged a good season if he learns for next season (provided we stay up of course).

for me , jones has had a mixed season and has a bit to prove.

i go into next season with high hopes after the end of this season but i don't think milan will stand another run like we had this season, next season.

I agree...if he doesn't learn, then he's an idiot, but I think he will learn. It has been a mixed season..but you said poor, and I say good for the simple fact that the bad run came at the beginning, if we had had a good first half like Millwall, and slipped into a relegation battle come the end of the season, i'd be mad, but it didn't, we clearly learnt from our mistakes and we have finished really strong, and we need to continue that next season.

Hats off to Jones, he's done really well.

Oh and Jay Bothroyd, stick your consolidation up your arse. If it wasn't for your dire loan period we'd be going up again. See you next year you big wannabe.

This.

Can't wait till that waste of space comes here next season. He's gonna get a reyt welcome

Guest zico sterland

Thats if QPR havent off loaded to some other mugs,are friends in s2 would be a good home for him.Think he would fit in there no problem lol

where were we in the first 20 games?

does a manager get judged on his last half of the season or all of it?

overall the season has been poor , despite having a good end!

we should stick with jones but realise he's made some big mistakes this season.

and not let it hapen again

scout better players Jones instead of shaggin young net ball players, get focused or flip off

There's the promotion form that was required in mid December to get us out of the cr@p.

I didn't think we could do it - we have - so a massive well done to DJ, SG and the players - and MM for the additional wages for the loanees.

As I said last May, exciting times ahead if we can kick on and add 3 or 4 quality players this summer....

Ironically you've shown EXACTLY why I was so frustrated when you and others were happy to write off our run of games against the likes of Cardiff, Leicester, Forrest etc in the first half of the season as 'games we shouldn't be expecting anything from anyway'.

We've shown in the second half of the season - as have plenty of other teams - that if you approach games with the right mentality there's points on the table in every single game in this division.

Hopefully as a Club, as a team of players, and as a fanbase we've learned that lesson now ready for next season.