Kirkland's Mistake

I think that is the first time (that I can recall) Kirkland making a mistake this season... He certainly hasn't made a mistake that has cost us points from what I can tell! All players make mistakes, but when goalies do it usually costs big time... Credit to Kirkland though because I think any goalie that goes through a season and only makes one big mistake... Is a very good goalkeeper in my books! Kirkland has been the signing of the season in my books!

To be fair though he's not the quickest and probably knew he wouldn't of got back in his net in time..

catch the player hope the ref doesn't give owt, if he does have a chance of saving the penalty

as appose to them slotting it in an empty net..

just my take on it

Guest wilyfox

As I said in other thread, it was a mistake - and lucky not to get sent off for denying a goal-scoring opportunity. Coming back from 1-0 down with 10 men would have been a tougher proposition; but Kirkland has been so reliable this season, I think he can be afforded an indiscretion...

Guest swfc4_1

miguel Llera for player of the season? im prepared to be shot down, but imo he's saved us more than Gardner, and of you watch closely, he tidys up Gardener's mistakes more than you would expect

Guest beatleowl

The goal at Bristol was his fault and both goals yesterday were his fault. He's still a good keeper though.

Guest WoodhouseOwl77

miguel Llera for player of the season? im prepared to be shot down, but imo he's saved us more than Gardner, and of you watch closely, he tidys up Gardener's mistakes more than you would expect

Llera was shocking today, but mostly during 2nd half of season he has been superb!

Llera player of season seriously i love it when he gets possession on halfway and belts it aimlessly up to lita against 6ft plus centre backs. He's improved as the season has gone on because he was costing us a lot first half of the season but his distribution is awful couldn't pass wind this man. As for Kirkland yes was a mistake but it didn't cost us been brilliant for us and stayed injury free.

You serious? lol I like Llera but he's made a lot of mistakes that have cost goals.

Guest Oadby Owl

Defensively we look a far stronger unit now, and that is massively aided by having such a good keeper as it's last line. Brilliant signing by Jones, injury prone - not for us he's not! Premiership class.

Guest swfc4_1

I had just come in from the pub... Llera is a contender for player of the season though, he's been very good for us.

I think that is the first time (that I can recall) Kirkland making a mistake this season... He certainly hasn't made a mistake that has cost us points from what I can tell! All players make mistakes, but when goalies do it usually costs big time... Credit to Kirkland though because I think any goalie that goes through a season and only makes one big mistake... Is a very good goalkeeper in my books! Kirkland has been the signing of the season in my books!

Kirks cost us quite a few goals this season, virtually all from crosses. I thought their second was more of an error than the pen. These things happen like the penalty. Their second goal saw their player head in from 3 yards out. Three bloody yards. Why oh why did he stay on his line. I like Kirky but he really needs to sort himself out with dealing with crosses. Earlier in the second half he came to edge of six yard box and despite being fouled he got a big punch on it. That's how to do it. He should have done same for their goal