The Baffling JJ Decision

Guest Sweet&TenderOwl

Uncle Bulgaria should put JJ upfront or in behind Madine. But he won't cos he thinks we're the best team in the League and we're just unlucky and there's some big conspiracy against us! lol

Anyone figured it out yet? I've been racking my brain as to why our most attacking threat was put at left back when we were trailing a game?

Antonio was been doubled up all game, thats what allowed jones to get in 1 on 1 with the keeper, Jones got forward hell of a lot in the 2nd half and got into a few dangerous positions, By bringing Mayor on (who looked dangerous everytime he got the ball) and switching JJ to the left he was hoping that JJ could capitalise on them doubling up on Antonio.......May aswell go for it and lose 2-0 than lose 1-0 and do nothing.

We said exactly the same wickersleyowl.Completely baffling to be trailing by the odd goal and put our most pacey player at left back for the last ten minutes or so.Semedo had a right go at Daniel Jones before he was substituted.Was it that arguement that precipitated his substitution,or an injury?For my money we should have done everything possible to try and salvage a point from that game and that would have meant JJ playing in a forward position.Mayor did,however,looked good going forward.

Antonio was been doubled up all game, thats what allowed jones to get in 1 on 1 with the keeper, Jones got forward hell of a lot in the 2nd half and got into a few dangerous positions, By bringing Mayor on (who looked dangerous everytime he got the ball) and switching JJ to the left he was hoping that JJ could capitalise on them doubling up on Antonio.......May aswell go for it and lose 2-0 than lose 1-0 and do nothing.

Why not shove him up front then in front of Antonio?

The radio nearly went out of the window when they described the situation. Staton and Smith were both baffled.

Just not bothered...

Guest JC Saviour

I have come to the conclusion that DJ is a tactical genious and because of that we cannot understand his tactics therefore assume he is off his trolley. He obviously put JJ at LB to just pick up the scraps and not touch the leaves.

We said exactly the same wickersleyowl.Completely baffling to be trailing by the odd goal and put our most pacey player at left back for the last ten minutes or so.Semedo had a right go at Daniel Jones before he was substituted.Was it that arguement that precipitated his substitution,or an injury?For my money we should have done everything possible to try and salvage a point from that game and that would have meant JJ playing in a forward position.Mayor did,however,looked good going forward.

Jones actually had a go at Semedo for "bottling" a 50/50 and then not chasing Lansbury back, which resulted in lansbury been free on the edge of our 6 yard box and missing a sitter. Semedo didn't take too kindly to jones questioning what he was doing and wanted a scrap.

Anyone figured it out yet? I've been racking my brain as to why our most attacking threat was put at left back when we were trailing a game?

Because he had been brought on on the wing to change the game and had done fookall since.

He was then put at left back so we could take off the useless Jones and bring on Mayer.

Not rocket science.

It was a baffling decision. Everytime JJ is put at left back you can see his frustration in his body language and he is very wary of going forward, therefore he can't do what he's good at.

If it was Jones' intention to get 2 fast players down one side to counteract the doubling up on Antonio then he needs to tell JJ to overlap because he clearly looks lost at LB.

Because he had been brought on on the wing to change the game and had done fookall since.

He was then put at left back so we could take off the useless Jones and bring on Mayer.

Not rocket science.

Id rather have left jones at left back at least it's his natural position.

If JJ had done flip all why not straight swap him for mayor? - Why make two changes when only one is needed it over complicates things.

Id rather have left jones at left back at least it's his natural position.

If JJ had done flip all why not straight swap him for mayor? - Why make two changes when only one is needed it over complicates things.

Ask the man who thinks the Wombles should pick up the leaves.he way the man

by the way the man whose position is naturally left back is pants.

Edited by owlsdreamer

Guest Sweet&TenderOwl

NO players should be played out of position...

Ever

Except all of our own?

DJ is the new Special One.

He plays players where he wants, left footers on the right, right footers on the left, attackers at the back, etc

The Special One is taking us to the Champions League to play the likes of the mighty Stevanage and Yeovil! lol

Edited by Sweet&TenderOwl

Guest Bedders

NO players should be played out of position...

Ever

What about Warhurst as a striker........& didn't Semedo start as a centre half?

Suppose I agree with you to a major extent.....just saying sometimes it does come off though.