The Baffling JJ Decision

Semedo was/is a centre half, JJ started his career at right back, Steven Haslam played centre back for england upto under 18's, Reda started his career as a striker, Richie Humphries ended up playing left back for Hartlepool, Dion Dublin played either striker or CB.

JJ is mr Inconsistency but one thing he does offer is pace and bags of it, he should be able to cover at right or left back without a problem.

AGREED jj on form at start to season then dj has other ideas as he feels his signings are miles better than the longest serving player currently at swfc ( or am i wrong on that one an its buxton ) anywho i wasnt there to see game but it looked as if we created chances lots on target an jj should have come on earlier and given chance for us to bag that key goal praise and grumble lol

Anyone figured it out yet? I've been racking my brain as to why our most attacking threat was put at left back when we were trailing a game?

The baffling JJ decision is why anybody saw fit to give him another contract. He has (maximum) four very good appearances a season and still gets another deal. Amazing.

The baffling JJ decision is why anybody saw fit to give him another contract. He has (maximum) four very good appearances a season and still gets another deal. Amazing.

He was amazing at the start of the season. Shame he couldn't find that form for more than 3 games.

He's only got one more good game left then. Lets try and see if he can use it up before 1st Jan and then we can ship him out somewhere.

Anyone figured it out yet? I've been racking my brain as to why our most attacking threat was put at left back when we were trailing a game?

I presume you meant to say "our most frustrating attacking player who will either smack one into the top corner (1/20 times) or run into the opposition and lose the ball / blaze shot 10 yards over the bar the rest".

We need to face facts. JJ is not our best attacking threat.

Threat implies that he can actually produce something.

I know it didn't, but what could've happened is...

JJ and Antonio down one wing, both with considerable pace and skill; the Forest defence, who had been shaky throughout, cannot deal with this, and as such the two break down the defence.

Also, the introduction of Mayor seemed a good one. He appears to be a good player with some pace, and not bad on the ball either. The other way to introduce Mayor would've been to take Antonio off, which would have upset just as many people...

I presume you meant to say "our most frustrating attacking player who will either smack one into the top corner (1/20 times) or run into the opposition and lose the ball / blaze shot 10 yards over the bar the rest".

We need to face facts. JJ is not our best attacking threat.

Threat implies that he can actually produce something.

He did produce something at the beginning of our season until he was thrown in at right back then dropped. People keep saying that we sit too deep, if thats the case put JJ and Antonio on the wings to create havoc with their pace, it scares the hell out of the oppositions full backs. Plus JJ has scored 3 times as many as Bothroyd, and has been on the bench a lot lately, or will be given 10-15 minutes on the pitch or will be thrown in at left or right back thus minimises his impact even further

He did produce something at the beginning of our season until he was thrown in at right back then dropped. People keep saying that we sit too deep, if thats the case put JJ and Antonio on the wings to create havoc with their pace, it scares the hell out of the oppositions full backs. Plus JJ has scored 3 times as many as Bothroyd, and has been on the bench a lot lately, or will be given 10-15 minutes on the pitch or will be thrown in at left or right back thus minimises his impact even further

JJ does not create havoc, he has no end product. He has around 4 or 5 decent games a season and everyone remembers these, they don't remember the 15-20 games where he does not track back, gives silly fouls away, the ball gets caught under his feet all the time and he starts fighting with anyone on our team who looks at him wrong.

Everyone slagging bothroyd off for pinching a wage from us for 4 month......JJ has been doing the same for 5 years.

5 seasons

180 games

21 goals

Edited by mcduk

The only baffling thing was JJ going to LB and not Buxton, maybe Forest had more of a pacey threat down their right , who knows.

JJ has played fullback before and could play there again this season if injuries occur.

However it is a good reason to have a moan, especially if you didn't go and see he performed quite comfortably over there allowing us another attacking option who was fairly fresh.

Criticised for not going for an extra attacking option in other matches and then when he does criticised again, fickle doesn't do our fans justice.

No it doesn't. They just have to make sure the winger is doubling up and then they let him run down a blind alley and lose the ball.

Have you also noticed that when JJ is running with the ball there is not a chance in hell that our full back will join the attacking play? They realise that he is going to lose the ball just as much as he will actually make something happen so they won't go forward.

Have you also noticed that when JJ is running with the ball there is not a chance in hell that our full back will join the attacking play? They realise that he is going to lose the ball just as much as he will actually make something happen so they won't go forward.

Good bit of mind reading there.