Everyone moaning about strikers

jrh

Lots of strikers are going to find it hard playing upfront on their own. They have hardly any support. At the start of the season we weren't really struggling for goals, but as soon as we lost a couple of games Jones panicked and changed the whole way we were playing going to five in midfield and one upfront to try and reduce the amount of goals we were conceding which arguably hasnt really worked very well either. Since then we have struggled for goals as well as conceding goals. Jones also goes on about how he needs another striker but he is the one that signed maguire, rodri, bothroyd and pecnik (although he is not exactly an out and out striker). Personally i think if we make use of the strikers that we have got and play TWO upfront again then the goals will come.

I was pretty well oiled at the match yesterday but didn't we play 4-4-2. Thought we gave it a go and was a better performance than we have had recently.

Stick with 4-4-2 and Madine and Bothroyd for the next few games and see....give em 5 up front together before changing it !!!

For me OGrady has to start if fit. Not sure who deserves a place along side him.

Guest Sweet&TenderOwl

DJ should never have brought in Bothroyd and Rodri.

Barkley and/or JJ should be tried up top or in behind Madine or COG.

Get rid of Bothroyd, and bring in someone with pace or who knows where the net is and who ain't a useless stick in the mud.

Guest doni wednesday

Need to start playing strikers who are ours not on loan .Bothroyd isnt even playing as a striker most of the time and even if he did start scoring when he goes back to Q.P.R were back to square one madine did it last season im sure he could this year along with ogrady and JJ They dont get along enough game time

Played 442 for 90 minutes....bothroyd was coming deep to link things up as Barkley was not at the races.

Play the same formation Nd same line up against leicester and we'll score 2 or 3, problem is they'll probably get 4 or 5!!!

Doni, have some sympathy for that but Milan is never gonna fork out the sort of money needed for strikers at this level so we have to use the loan system. All our strikers can contribute something, but none, either individually, or as a pair, will score the goals needed for us to climb the table.

Guest Wilf Marshall

We just need someone to bang in the goals.

It's not about formations.

We don't seem to have anyone to do that.

I was hoping it would be Botheredroyd but it's not been.

I still think he could be the man if he is played in the correct position.

It wasn't the strikers that were scoring the goals at the beginning of the season. It took 9 league matches before even one of our strikers scored 2 league goals. The goals dried up from other areas. It is abundantly clear where our main problem lies and it is not the system.

Millwall with Chris Wood and Andy Keogh contributed to a 4-1 win at Forest. Aren`t they both loan players? Millwall, outside the centre forwards, are no stronger than us. In terms of squad.

Millwall with Chris Wood and Andy Keogh contributed to a 4-1 win at Forest. Aren`t they both loan players? Millwall, outside the centre forwards, are no stronger than us. In terms of squad.

Guest Stereophonics

We missed a lot of chances against Forest but previous to this the strikers didn't have much service.

I would personally stick with Madine and Bothroyd for the next game. We need to pick a strike partnership and stick with it for a few games so that they can gain an understanding.

Why can't people see that we create chances and every bugger misses them. It is not the system FFS

I agree.

The people who we have up top couldnt hit a barn door with a banjo.

Madine is either otherwise distracted or he cant hack it.Not sure which.

Sort it soon DJ or your out.

JJ is also out of his depth at this level and some of the others too.

Edited by owlsdreamer