A warning

Just to all of you screaming like spoilt kids for DJs head and instant success. And those of you saying that 'results can't get any worse'.

Cast your minds back to a few seasons ago. This time 3 years ago we were in the process of not scoring in 9 hours of football, culminating in Laws' sacking after an embarassing 5-0 defeat at Leicester. And under Irvine in 2010- spineless defeat after spineless defeat in the third tier. Losing without a whimper at Tranmere, at Stevenage, at Oldham. Only being able to draw despite playing against 9 men (MK Dons?) for 45 minutes...

Make no mistake, it can get much, much worse than it is at the minute. If we force DJ out, we risk going into freefall. The players are still playing for their manager, and we are competing in almost all of our games. That to me suggests that a sacking will worsen the situation, especially with no stand-out candidate to come in.

Just to all of you screaming like spoilt kids for DJs head and instant success. And those of you saying that 'results can't get any worse'.

Cast your minds back to a few seasons ago. This time 3 years ago we were in the process of not scoring in 9 hours of football, culminating in Laws' sacking after an embarassing 5-0 defeat at Leicester. And under Irvine in 2010- spineless defeat after spineless defeat in the third tier. Losing without a whimper at Tranmere, at Stevenage, at Oldham. Only being able to draw despite playing against 9 men (MK Dons?) for 45 minutes...

Make no mistake, it can get much, much worse than it is at the minute. If we force DJ out, we risk going into freefall. The players are still playing for their manager, and we are competing in almost all of our games. That to me suggests that a sacking will worsen the situation, especially with no stand-out candidate to come in.

excellent post.

Guest Nejc_Pe�nik

Shut the roger up.

This is owlstalk. We doesn't do positivity. I come on here for my daily dose of negativity, if I wanted optimism I'd be a spurs supporter.

We've got 8 points from the last 14 games after securing 7 points from our first 3 games. What would you call that if it's not freefall?

We've got 8 points from the last 14 games after securing 7 points from our first 3 games. What would you call that if it's not freefall?

We've got 15 points from 17. We are struggling. But it is by no means a desperate situation yet, and we have been unlucky not to get more points. We need to stick together, keep our heads up, and the results will come gradually. Axing the manager will only unsettle the side and make things worse.

Guest JC Saviour

I don't think anyone is forcing DJ out. I haven't heard any murmerings durings games, but, if anyone forces DJ out, it will be himself with the strange aquisition of players, tactics and to a larger degree, coaching.

Do not forget, it was alleged that Sir Alex Ferguson would have been sacked in 1990 if the FA Cup third round tie at Nottingham Forest had been lost. Look what has been achieved by sticking with what, at the time, was believed to be a failing manager.

I am sure that most would be happy if DJ enjoyed just a tenth of the resultant success ... but there will still be the moaners of course.

Edited by AndyS

We've got 15 points from 17. We are struggling. But it is by no means a desperate situation yet, and we have been unlucky not to get more points. We need to stick together, keep our heads up, and the results will come gradually. Axing the manager will only unsettle the side and make things worse.

Yes, and my stats stand up to scrutiny if you are suggesting we 'will go into freefall' if DJ is sacked because we are already in freefall and to try and pretend otherwise is frankly delusional. I'll say it again; 7 points from the first 3 matches and 8pts from the next 14 matches. How are you going to spin these facts? If we had continued our first 3 games of the season form we would eb 4 points clear at the top now with 40 points. We are 2oth with 15 points.

Edited by Almat

Do not forget, it was alleged that Sir Alex Ferguson would have been sacked in 1990 if the FA Cup third round tie at Nottingham Forest had been lost. Look what has been achieved by sticking with what, at the time, was believed to be a failing manager.

I am sure that most would be happy if DJ enjoyed just a tenth of the resultant success ... but there will still be the moaners of course.

For every Fergie there are 000s of Alan Irvines, though.

Guest Old Salt

I've lost faith in jones but must admit I can't think of a decent replacement.

I would prefer him to sort it out,,,but will he? He needs to change it now. We are not doing the basics well enough (people say since the coach left).

I was all for the current formation but it hasn't worked and he needs to smell the coffee and move on.

Reda and lines back might see a change in fortunes, who knows.

Guest chuckie4570

I would like Jones to sort it and be a success but we/he/team don't seem to learn from our mistakes. We just keep getting battered ever week!! Sorry to be negative!

Guest spongejosesquarejaw

Irvine & Laws acheived pretty similar league positions that DJ has so far managed to produce, however they were managing a club in financial meltdown and both had a fraction of DJ's playing budget. Sorry, I hate chopping and changing managers but footy is a results based business and Jones hasnt been getting enough positive results. Make no mistake, Milan will get shut if he thinks he can get somebody else in who will get this club results.

would say this is open to debate ?

What hit me yesterday was when i heard that when we played palace we were 7 points above them and now they 21 points above us !

Precisely. Which is why i questioned the OP's suggestion that we will 'go into freefall' if DJ gets the push. We are already in freefall! The stats don't lie.