time for a change ?

i want dave jones to get out of this run i really do and i think hes a top manager but maybe a change would do us good? the only problem is i cant think of a manager id replace him with, im just getting really impatient and im sure mm will soon as well, so any ideas?

id love for Nigel Pearson to leave leicester for us but cant see it happening...

Considering all the ramifications of bringing someone new in - then, they having to adopt his squad - it looks like we are stuck with him, for better or worse.

That is providing he is still up for it/ wants it (privately).

Pretty ambivalent TBH. Gone past caring, I suppose.

Milan (the Club) will be in a better position to judge.

But the above isn't the same as saying, I have faith in him.

Guest Foxhill Owl

That's the problem all the available managers are crap

That's it BG who do we replace DJ with ?

Roy Kean ?

Owen Coyle that's the ones I can think of n are they decent ?

Me too

It would be a rollercoaster ride

Don't think fans would take to a 'fancy dan' manager tho

lol

I'd just love to see a manager like that. Up-and-coming, trying to ply his trade and everything to this date suggests he'd do a good job. He's got a fantastic record with Swindon under some difficult circumstances at times

Stick with DJ, he is the man for the job. I can't believe people want him out, look at where we are in comparison to two years ago, the club is progressing and DJ has been a big part of that - promotion, improved style of play and better players.

Keep the faith and we'll come good, with time DJ will bring in more players, improve the squad and we'll become more consitent in our performances/results. It would be ludicrous to fire him at this point of the season. The likes of Irvine and Megson were only gonna take us so far (Irvine backwards, Megson championship and back down again at best), DJ however will get us towards the playoff places in this league but it will take a season or two.....

The person we need to sort this mess out is the Dave Jones that came in last season. A manager who came in and gave us fresh impetus. A manager who had a clear mindset and a plan. A manager who put square pegs in square holes. Maybe he needs to take a step back, re-take stock of the situation, forget any grudges he holds, forget any favouritism, forget who signed who and pick his best team and formation.

But I don't see this happening.

Di Canio would be too much of a gamble....

We need stability at the moment, let DJ do what he's gotta do and when he's taken us as far as he can (playoff places), then it will be time for change....

I find it fascinating that some people can accuse players of lacking commitment and passion and then claim in the next breath that they're almost past caring. If supporters (who like to tell themselves that they are the lifeblood of the club) get like this during a bad run, why should we expect transitory employees to be so different? And if you're only enthusiastic during the heady periods I'd suggest you're following the wrong club.

I find it fascinating that some people can accuse players of lacking commitment and passion and then claim in the next breath that they're almost past caring. If supporters (who like to tell themselves that they are the lifeblood of the club) get like this during a bad run, why should we expect transitory employees to be so different? And if you're only enthusiastic during the heady periods I'd suggest you're following the wrong club.

So caring does what exactly?

Other than ruin yet another bloody weekend.

Whatever I think doesn't make one jot of difference. And, furthermore, I don't have any decent suggestions. I haven't a clue TBH.

Jones in/Jones out - who knows, really?

lol

I blame my Father for giving me a lifetime of misery.

lol

I love DJ and I dont want to see him go but I dont think MM will be left with any option soon and its sad really. Although I get the feeling that the only reason he hasnt been thrown out yet is that we'd still be paying him off until his contract ended! Arent we still paying for megson too? If we signed another manager we'd be paying for 3!

Obviously 'caring', in and of itself, doesn't make much difference. But how can supporters so easily throw in the towel when times are hard and then slag off the players for supposedly doing the same (usually only an unsubstantiated, frustrated and lazy claim anyway), especially when the latter might easily be employed somewhere else next week?