If at the start of the season.......

If at the start of the season we were told that we would finish 20th in the league safe from relegation with room to build with a good young squad coming through. I think the majority would of taken this, yes we are all ambitious and want the glory seasons. But it takes time, look at Leicester last season spent millions and did nothing and even now they arent walking away with the league.

Palace as we all know got the lucky escape when surviving against ourselves and its taken them 3 seasons to even start pushing towards the top end.

Lets get safety this year, leave Ipswich Barnsley and Peterborough falling down in the dreaded league 1.

Just believe Wednesdayites there is no need to panic. Keep plucking away and things will fall into place.

Bring on boro, ill take a draw now.

Up the owls.

Totally agree. 20th IMO is a good season. Use this year to consolidate in the championship then build from here. We have players that are only going to get better over the next few years.

Staying up is a must, but the future is bright.

Edited by H2Owl

I would settle for 20th, but wouldn't be happy with it. Happy would be mid-table.

We have a higher budget than a relegation side and we're not living up to that. That suggests the signings or the system aren't working

It will take time though. I refer to Leicester again, bought loads of players and had no return. You said you would settle with it, and i think everyone would settle with it, nobody will be happy with finishing that low after all the hype from last season. Not everyone can do a Norwich. We will get there eventually.

Ok so with the squad we currently have where do you think we should be finishing in the league?

Genuine question.

Attitudes like that- expecting more than what we can offer only harm the club. Booing players, calling for Jones' head.

Expectations need to be lowered becuse if not we'll see the poisonous atmosphere back at the club and a revolving door of managers.

Look at teams who have done well in this league over recent times- Blackpool, Reading, Southampton, Brighton. Teams who haven't had overly high expectations and have been allowed to build without time constraints and unnecessary pressure from the fans.

the Emphasis in football is to strive to finish as high as you can is'nt it , accepting 20th shouldnt be even contemplated we should be going for the top whether we are good enough or not ,but if we are found out and we are not good enough at least staving of relegation would be an achievement ,

Guest zico sterland

how can 20th be a good result,we are one of the biggest clubs in the championship,have the highest attendances this year,and had a reasonable budget to spend.Somethings going wrong at the moment and the signings have yet to prove good enough.Im pretty sure 20th is not what MM had in mind pre season,or the majority of fans.I would think 20th would be the minimum acceptable and well below expectation.