What I'd Like To See

He's been absolutely rubbish so far, but I'd love to see Martin Taylor prove us all wrong.

It can't be easy at the moment for him at a new club, and with everyone on his back, he must be feeling very lonely, and it seems he hasn't quite clicked with his new team mates either so far.

I hope he has the determination, and spirit, to come back from his nightmare start with us.

Good luck Martin.

He will be fine

Just chucked in a little too early

The players are only just starting to gel after coming together very late preseason

We have been playing catch up a little - lesson to be learned for next summer

But the players will be fine this year now

Leeds United is our true real first game of the season

Ps he has the hairiest legs EVER

Owlstalk Shop

He will be fine

The players are only just starting to gel after coming together very late preseason

So we've established you are his new "friend" then?

I take it you like hairy legs on a man?

Sorry, couldn't resist!

Who did he play next to at Watford? He seems like the sort of player who needs a quick CB as a partner to me. Have we got one though? :wacko: Plus his sheer size makes his mistakes seem all the more noticeable imo.

Edited by Almat

Guest tazz070299

Because of where I live, 4 miles from Watford, I saw Martin Taylor play a number if times last season. I am really surprised at the very poor start he has had at Wednesday.

He is not the quickest of centre backs, but he showed good reading of the ball and sound positional sense. On the ball he was solid and whilst no Glenn Hoddle with his distribution, he was more than capable of laying off to his midfielders. His strengths included the fact that you could rely upon him to be a solid second man, backing up his fellow defenders.

For the team, Watford always seemed more confident and comfortable at the back when Taylor played. He seemed to instil extra self belief when he was on the pitch.

He has been poor so far for us, and I hope he can start playing like he did last season. Ironically I've seen Watford lose twice at Vicarage Road this season, and on both occasions Watford fans were bemoaning the fact that they have been unable to replace Taylor

Would like him to come good too, but don't have confidence in it happening.

Just watching him in the half-time warm-up, was quite disappointing.

didn't look like he wanted to be there, and no I don't suppose he did, but as club Captain he didn't get involved with the other lads at all.

Oh, and he didn't try or couldn't do keep-ups...!

From what i've seen so far, he has a moutain to climb and some of that is down to how he has been brought into the team...!

He will be fine

I made the same comments about about late signings, in August ... Ofcourse I was criticised for being 'negative' at the time post-445-0-01709500-1328982834_thumb.png

Chucked in a little too early ... or 3 years too late? post-445-0-83686900-1349208131_thumb.png

Who did he play next to at Watford? He seems like the sort of player who needs a quick CB as a partner to me. Have we got one though? :wacko: Plus his sheer size makes his mistakes seem all the more noticeable imo.

Played alongside Adrian Mariappa last season.

If there's something there , I cant see it . Saw him get in one good block at Burnley and that's it .What's more ,his leadership qualities aren't apparent and I dont see him opening his mouth too much . Rob Jones at least told others what to do even if he couldn't do it himself .Love to know what D J sees in him that us non-professionals dont .

Apparently, DJ was after him for a while, so there must be something about him.

I'm going to accept it takes some players a while to settle and to find their form.

He couldn't have got off to a worst start though bless bim.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^