Burnley Highlights

Not been his biggest fan so far, but fair play to Bothroyd that was a lovely pass for COGs second, as for the defending...urgghh! Austins 3rd great finish but a player of Taylors experience should be dealing with them.

Who'd have thought that Bothroyd would become chief provider rather than scorer?

I thought Taylor should have gone and met the ball to head it away for the third goal. Once he backed of he was on his heels which made it easy for Austin to cut across him, nice finish though.

Although he seemed a bit near post for the first two, can't remember if Gardener was out of position, I didn't think he was particularly at fault. JJ could have been playing Right Mid / Wing and still have had to deal with a cross like that, he needed to be stronger.

Just to throw this into the equation - last night only two clubs out of twenty kept clean sheets, and apart from our game there was an average of three goals per game. I'm sure all the managers blamed somebody for every goal. I think the only games you watch where you feel a defence will never be cracked are at International or top club level, not even Premiership but it's a fast moving game and players make mistakes and get out of position, but in our league anybody can beat anybody and they do. Apart from Danny Batth which Championship defenders would we bring in to guarantee clean sheets? If there are any they should be playing for their country.

I'm not approving our goals against tally just putting things in perspective.

WOW. That antonio goal is even better than i remembered.

oh and I think people are being very harsh on taylor for the last goal. It bounced pretty bad for him.

even a proper fullback could have been licked in the air for the first...

the second??? well that's what you get with jj...

the third, might just be an inch perfect ball to the attacker, and then perfectly controlled...

our second?, if that gobshyte fullback hadn't been appealing for offside for a whole minute, he actually gets a chance to clear it...

GOOD POINT SECURED...

Kirkland staying on his line cost us first two goals. The ball is crossed into the 6 yard box for both and he doesn't come out. That's criminal goal

Keeping

some may have come for the first...

the second is under the control of the defender, UNTIL...

we can't go on LOOKING to blame kirkland for boll*x dropped by outfield players, on the grounds that bywater would have sorted it...

what would he have shouted, HEAD IT???

Couple of pointers:

Gardener and Taylor look far too slow to deal with any sort of trickery or pace by opposition forwards

Barkley lost the ball a fair few times in that clip and ultimately lost the ball for their 3rd goal.

BOTH those observations are true...

when i saw gardener and taylor together for the first time, i thought these 2 are big units, i wonder if any has pace?...

they look like the sort of defender you wheel around, and i always thought you needed just 1 of them, with someone more mobile alongside...

Taylor's defending for all three goals conceded was awful; did he really expect JJ to handle Austin for two of them? it certainly was not a captain's performance.

That is so wrong but don't let facts spoil a good bit of scapegoating.

For both crosses Taylor is at the near post , exactly where he should be. JJ has one man to mark , granted it is the central striker who has pulled onto him, and does not do it.

Basically they are two good crosses, good movement by Austin, JJ defending the back post in Tommy Spurr style and they score.

The hardest thing for a makeshift full back to do is defend crosses from the opposite wing .JJ will be happy with people running at him but crosses like that he will not know what to do as he is not a natural defender. Split second hesitation , outcome goal.

Nowt to do with Taylor.

Seriously don't understand the calls for Taylor and Gardner to be helping JJ out more? If they did that we'd end up with holes to be exploited down the center. Our problem at the moment is we're playing 3 defenders and a very attacking minded winger in defence.

Also, anyone who blames Taylor for their third needs to watch the video a few more times. Seriously, it's a good goal, he takes it well and shoots when no one would really be expecting him to. Kirkland could maybe have done better but you just can't stop some goals like that... tho maybe not giving the ball away in midfield (especially in the style we did) would have helped?

Taylor boo boys seeing everything like cause and effect. We concede lots when a new player comes in, well we conceded as many before. There are more factors at play than a single signing and we are making silly mistakes left right and centre. But as confidence grows these will be ironed out.

Scapegoating every single play isn't going to help