0-1 away at Wolves - PANIC

Is it purely because it's our fifth on the trot that some of our fans have descended into hysteria?

There'll be a lot more clubs come away from Molineaux far worse off results-wise than that.

I thought we defended well and were only beaten by a farce of a free-kick.

We looked poor going forward, but our best attacker was playing right-back (and well too).

We're desperate for Buxton to return, ditto Reda and McCabe.

If we could just get a settled side, I think we'll be alright.

A bit of good luck wouldn't go amiss.

Some of the ranting today has been utterly ridiculous.

Is it purely because it's our fifth on the trot that some of our fans have descended into hysteria?

There'll be a lot more clubs come away from Molineaux far worse off results-wise than that.

We looked poor going forward, but our best attacker was playing right-back (and well too).

This

My thoughts exactly

On the back of 5 defeats (4 defeats in the league) a defeat against Barcelona would have been a disaster.

We had a settled side, then brought in players needlessly, and lost our momentum. We don't look like a team, whatever way you look at it - performances and results are shocking.

When?

What annoys me is we could be there til Midnight & still not scored. We were clueless after going 1 down. Yeah we were unlucky to be losing at hlaf time but Madine defo should've been on instead of Rodri. Our set pieces are a joke. Some of the players look disinterested & the fighting spirit has disintegrated.

We lacked a bit of luck today, a goalless draw there would have been superb.

If we do get that luck, along with Reda coming back then maybe we will start grinding some results out. I fully expected this to be loss no six and being away again on tuesday night it could easily be seven.

In isolation we were probably unlucky today, but I dont think fans can be mocked for panicking at the moment, its horrible.

Guest foreverSWFC

I think the result flatters how shocking we actually were to be honest.

1-0 away from Wolves isn't disgraceful, they are a strong side who will be there or there abouts this season. We should have done better though, 5 defeats on the trot, the players needed to pull something out the bag, take the initiative and work even harder to put things right. They didn't do that whatsoever. When you're on a run of defeats you need to up your game significantly, take responsibility and create something. We didn't.

We were awful going forward, second half, no guile, no craft, no imagination, no urgency. And when we did get into good positions we wasted it, through poor decision making and lack of quality, which is worrying.

Not many excuses can be made today, we were poor again and we can't keep procrastrinating and turning a blind eye to it.

When?

Llera and O'grady for a start (who have both been unfairly singled out by DJ) were playing well, and scoring goals.

Even McCabe, his reward for a good start was to be dropped and replaced by Barkley.

Yes we have had injuries of late, but the run started before the injuries started racking up....

Its no time for ranting but it isn't just because we've just been beaten by Wolves, we've just lost 5 on the bounce Through all our crapness that hasn't happened for nearly 50 years.

It happened about 5 years ago under Laws.

Guest UnbelievableJeff

On the back of 5 defeats (4 defeats in the league) a defeat against Barcelona would have been a disaster.

We had a settled side, then brought in players needlessly, and lost our momentum. We don't look like a team, whatever way you look at it - performances and results are shocking.

^

Royalowl I'll take your word for it though I don't recall losing 5 in a row My point is though, things aren't just gonna come good, there isn't a team amongst our bloated squad of cheap options We need to get in 2 or 3 of the missing ingredients sooner rather than later or we could be looking at 10 in a row