Fantastic video of Hillsborough in 1954

After that, she went up Herries Road towards the Northern General hospital.

I was 7 at the time, and remember being handed a flag, and sitting on our wall on Herries Road as she went past.

I remember she seemed to wave in our direction.

I am now a bit of a Republican, so it prob wasn't a big deal, though it seemed like it at the time.

Notice no security in the ground. Any nutter could have popped her off.

She was alo there to open the Kop roof of course.

Never been to T'Lane as far as I know.

So.....

2-0 to T'Lads. :tango:

Guest UncoveredKop

My mum took part in the synchronised marching on the pitch. I loved this footage - the Coronation must have been fresh in everyone's minds. A few general thoughts:

- the old saying is true, the past is a foreign country

- Hillsborough looked stunning, especially the old Leppings Lane end, I could really do with a De Lorean right now with a Flux Capacitor to go back in time and see it live!

- the welcoming ceremony we put on the pitch, in my opnion, was more dignified than the overblown hyped up garbage seen at the Olympics opening ceremony in London this year

- if we could get the FA / Government to give us some money to demolish and rebuild the Leppings Lane end, we could invite her back to open the new stand!

After that, she went up Herries Road towards the Northern General hospital.

I was 7 at the time, and remember being handed a flag, and sitting on our wall on Herries Road as she went past.

I remember she seemed to wave in our direction.

I am now a bit of a Republican, so it prob wasn't a big deal, though it seemed like it at the time.

Notice no security in the ground. Any nutter could have popped her off.

She was alo there to open the Kop roof of course.

Never been to T'Lane as far as I know.

So.....

2-0 to T'Lads. :tango:

Ah that explains why I was stood at Firvale opposite the Roxy when she went past. I can remember being quite surprised by all that maroon on the car, most cars were black then.

Guest PrincessWendy

During the Queen's visit -

http://www.yfaonline...field-wednesday

5:37 in

Absolutely brilliant! My grandmother was at that one. I was going to wear her dress (the one she wore at the reception) to my cousin's wedding in July but it didn't fit me (way too big!) and is surprisingly moth-eaten and faded. Back in the attic with it!

Bless you

HRH Wendy