Are We Just Unlucky At The Moment?

Just been sitting and back and doing a usual reflection on our team. First three results aside I don't think we are as bad as I and other people have made out.

Crystal Palace - poor defensive play but had plenty of chances to take the lead and win the game

Brighton - stats show we pretty much matched them but quality showed through - a deserved loss in the end.

Huddersfield - this one sickens me really, not only due to bad refeering but we had 24 shots on goal. If Antonio's strike had gone in and Mattock not been sent off, it would have been a comfortable victory IMO.

Bolton - Whilst Bolton showed their class, it was simple basics, it could have been a totally different story if McCabe's free kick had not hit the post

Southampton - yes it wasn't a strong Southampton but Antonio had that chance early doors which he should have scored and the game could have been totally different.

So far we haven't been outclassed by anyone - some may argue Brighton outclassed us, but I would suggest only in short periods.

We haven't been clinical in front of goal - probably due to changing our strikers every week. We have been poor in defence but look at the injuries we have had and still have got.

It only takes that bit of luck to change things around totally, let's hope it comes on Saturday, at worst it has to come on Tuesday against Burnley.

Dave Jones is the man to take us forward, our squad is very good and I am sure it will come together soon. Personally my criticsm of players etc will stop for the time being, I'll be there on Saturday as many of you no doubt will, let's get behind them (last two at home we have been quite lacklustre to say the least), and let's hope they give us a performance we can be happy with, win - lose or draw.

WAWAW.

Edited by WayneTheOwl

No we are not just unlucly at the moment - especially 5 games in row.

Bad luck may have played a small part, but not as much as poor decision making, poor defending, poor distribution and poor finishing.

Yep I agree with that. Just trying to point out that had little things gone the other way, the poor decision making/defending/distribution and finishing wouldn't have come to light ........ yet!

Just been sitting and back and doing a usual reflection on our team. First three results aside I don't think we are as bad as I and other people have made out.

Crystal Palace - poor defensive play but had plenty of chances to take the lead and win the game

Brighton - stats show we pretty much matched them but quality showed through - a deserved loss in the end.

Huddersfield - this one sickens me really, not only due to bad refeering but we had 24 shots on goal. If Antonio's strike had gone in and Mattock not been sent off, it would have been a comfortable victory IMO.

Bolton - Whilst Bolton showed their class, it was simple basics, it could have been a totally different story if McCabe's free kick had not hit the post

Southampton - yes it wasn't a strong Southampton but Antonio had that chance early doors which he should have scored and the game could have been totally different.

So far we haven't been outclassed by anyone - some may argue Brighton outclassed us, but I would suggest only in short periods.

We haven't been clinical in front of goal - probably due to changing our strikers every week. We have been poor in defence but look at the injuries we have had and still have got.

It only takes that bit of luck to change things around totally, let's hope it comes on Saturday, at worst it has to come on Tuesday against Burnley.

Dave Jones is the man to take us forward, our squad is very good and I am sure it will come together soon. Personally my criticsm of players etc will stop for the time being, I'll be there on Saturday as many of you no doubt will, let's get behind them (last two at home we have been quite lacklustre to say the least), and let's hope they give us a performance we can be happy with, win - lose or draw.

WAWAW.

I sometimes wonder if we are.

How many topics do you post everyday?

1 or 2 - why are you always on my back everyday???

I have been to all 5 games we have lost. We maybe should have drawn V. Palace but in all the others we were well beaten.

Would say Brighton and Southampton games we should have lost by more.

Huddersfield match - well beaten ??? Both teams were poor but we should have had something out of that one.

Edited by WayneTheOwl

Guest JonTheOwl66

1 or 2 - why are you always on my back everyday???

Huddersfield match - well beaten ??? Both teams were poor but we should have had something out of that one.

Far more than 2, or so it seems.

Guest JonTheOwl66

I struggle to take anybody called Wayne seriously too. :laugh:

How many did you start when it was the transfer window? Whats it matter? Still motting neil out?

lol

Only one I started was the Antonio one, rest were posted in Mega thread.

Guest JonTheOwl66

Yet again more insults. I won't rise to it though. Clearly we are not AWAW ?

Not an insult at all.

lol

What is it with people and insults on here? Touchy feckers.

No we are not just unlucly at the moment - especially 5 games in row.

Bad luck may have played a small part, but not as much as poor decision making, poor defending, poor distribution and poor finishing.

sloppy football, from a disjointed (would be) team...

last season's side was built from battle hardened players, fit for purpose in that division...

we, and they knew that some wouldn't make the transition, but to virtually dump the whole lot for newer, and in some cases no better players has far too much, too soon...

Jones says he has everything sorted, but the defence still needs work.

Once a solid back 4 has developed we will start doing well

he hasn't got the rest sorted, corners at both ends are a shambles...

he needs to get the 2 butterfly's outa the side...

and get grafters in like cog, we'll still have as much threat going forward, but be much tighter when facing up to the opposition...

i hope we're not going to wolves with our arse hung out again, and then be shocked when we get it kicked...