Sean Derry

Not seen a topic on this, so apologies if there is already one.

Hearing he's been offered to a few clubs, us included, on loan at the moment. I'm not sure if we are interested but just passing on what I've heard.

Think he'd be a decent signing in the short term. With McCabe injured it would allow us to play five in the middle. He's also got a hell of alot of experience at this level. Thoughts?

Guest Briscoe Inferno

Reliable and experienced - has respect for this club. Unlike Clint Hills antics in that relegation game vs Palace, he was sorry his team had sent this great club down.

I wanted the club to get him in on loan before Semedo signed.

Guest Hola Tidman

i cant be believe people are saying hes better than semedo. infact if you have said that you should hold your head in shame and have a long hard think about what youve posted. its discusting!

we've signed so many new faces. you have to draw the line somewhere, baton down the hatches and make do with what you've got. it'll take time to the settle the squad down, with ups'n'downs - but they'll get there.

Edited by wilyfox

Would be a great signing short term. At the moment we need to steady the ship and stop conceding too many goals. We need to grind out some results. Most of the players we have are better going forwards than they are at stopping others. Lets face it we only have Semedo in midfield who can win the ball and he is struggling trying to do it all on his own.We need an old head in there to help.We could play Derry and Semedo as holding midfielders and Barkley or Mcabe more advanced thus we could get away with playing two wingers. But we need to stop the opposition from waltzing right through us. Derry would help with this.