North Stand being built

Someone mentioned this photo the other day. It is interesting not only to the the skeleton of the stand but is from the old shed in the corner of the Lepp and in the distance can be seen a section of the uncovered Kop in all it's MASSIVEness.

hillsb2_zpse68c534e.jpg

Edited by dunsbyowl

I have Keith Farnsworth book on my desk and yes it is page 230. Trying to work out how to post it. Well done anyway. I am sure that I had the book was called The Red and the Blue must have pics in that. A friend game me the Jackie Robinson book cannot find it, must be somewhere.

I have Keith Farnsworth book on my desk and yes it is page 230. Trying to work out how to post it. Well done anyway. I am sure that I had the book was called The Blades and the Owls must have pics in that. Found it.

Picture of Olive Grove 1890. Also report of a derby played in the Isle of Man May 1948. 2-2. Not good at scanning and posting but will try.

A friend game me the Jackie Robinson book cannot find it, must be somewhere.

Someone mentioned this photo the other day. It is interesting not only to the the skeleton of the stand but is from the old shed in the corner of the Lepp and in the distance can be seen a section of the uncovered Kop in all it's MASSIVEness.

hillsb2_zpse68c534e.jpg

amazing pic - interesting that the old steps and crush barrier on the lepp terrace isn't facing the pitch

amazing pic - interesting that the old steps and crush barrier on the lepp terrace isn't facing the pitch

That's not the Lepp terrace, the old North was two seperate stands, the part that was left is now the North West corner.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

That's not the Lepp terrace, the old North was two seperate stands, the part that was left is now the North West corner.

I think thats what he meant.

hillsb2_zpse68c534e.jpg

Look at the Kop. At the foot of the floodlight pylon. A WC for REAL men. I corrugated sheet wall and an open drain.

Trying to work out/remember what was next to it, under the chimney.Surely not the scoreboard, the timing is wrong. A programme stall or pieshop?

Guest GrahamHydeFanClub

I found one dated 1890 allegedly at the time of the first derby. see my earlier thread.

Can we have a picture file/thread

Any chance of a link?

Very difficult to search on phone.

hillsb2_zpse68c534e.jpg

Might have been me...I have it in the Keith Farnsworth book along with the pic of the Kop that you posted..

Fantastic.

Am I correct in saying it's where the East Bank Rd bus depot is now?

Is this the only photo of it?

It's where the Amey depot is now (what used to be the old Council Streetforce depot). There is a plaque on the wall, behind the bus shelter on Heeley Bank Road / Charlotte Road.