A project for a 3D animator? Hillsborough through the ages...

I was speaking to eDDie about this last night, and I think it'd be a cracking video.

Zoom into the meadowland that was to become our home ground, in 1899.

Settle on where the centre spot is, and watch the ground as the Olive Grove main stand is built by the side of the Don, as the pitch is levelled off. Pan left to see a bank of earth being spread behind the eastern goal, and left again to see the original North Stand being built.

The panning continues, around the ground, seeing every stand being demolished and re-built, over 113 years.

The video would be narrated giving some background info, who built the stand currently popping up infront of your eyes, how much it cost, when it happened etc...

I've wanted to do it for ages, I've got the details on what stand was built when and where, and there are photos knocking about (as Dunsby has shown) to guide you on how to do it, but I've no idea how to go about doing anything like this.

Any takers?

Cool!

I'm not expecting anything from anyone - just thought it'd be a great idea. If anyone actually wants to do it I'll look for photos of old stands etc ... to give an idea

1 - Move to Owlerton (1899)

2 - Olive Grove main stand transported brick by brick and re-built as the first south stand at Owlerton (1899)

3 - East end of the ground banked with earth for standing (1899)

4 - First North Stand built 15 feet from the touchline (1899/00)

5 - First West Stand built, stretching around to meet the North Stand (1899/00)

5 - Space in front of North Stand concreted into terracing and roofed over (1903)

6 - Olive Grove stand dismantled, new South Stand built with terracing to the front (1913)

7 - Kop concreted over for terracing, and extended backwards and around to meet North Stand (1914)

8 - North-West terracing demolished, replaced by a small stand (1927)

9 - West Stand demolished, replaced by a new stand (1928)

10 - North Stand and north-west stand dismantled, replaced by a new stand (1961)

11 - South Stand terracing replaced by seating (1965)

12 - West Stand dismantled, replaced by a new stand with terracing on lower tier (1965)

13 - North-West corner terrace built (1966)

14 - Kop terrace straightened off at the back and roofed (1986)

15 - West Stand terracing replaced by seating (1991)

16 - South Stand roof removed, replaced by a new one stretching back to River Don (1993)

17 - Kop and north-west corner terracing replaced by seating (1993)

18 - Grandstand built under new South Stand roof (1995)

Cool!

I'm not expecting anything from anyone - just thought it'd be a great idea. If anyone actually wants to do it I'll look for photos of old stands etc ... to give an idea

1 - Move to Owlerton (1899)

2 - Olive Grove main stand transported brick by brick and re-built as the first south stand at Owlerton (1899)

3 - East end of the ground banked with earth for standing (1899)

4 - First North Stand built 15 feet from the touchline (1899/00)

5 - First West Stand built, stretching around to meet the North Stand (1899/00)

5 - Space in front of North Stand concreted into terracing and roofed over (1903)

6 - Olive Grove stand dismantled, new South Stand built with terracing to the front (1913)

7 - Kop concreted over for terracing, and extended backwards and around to meet North Stand (1914)

8 - North-West terracing demolished, replaced by a small stand (1927)

9 - West Stand demolished, replaced by a new stand (1928)

10 - North Stand and north-west stand dismantled, replaced by a new stand (1961)

11 - South Stand terracing replaced by seating (1965)

12 - West Stand dismantled, replaced by a new stand with terracing on lower tier (1965)

13 - North-West corner terrace built (1966)

14 - Kop terrace straightened off at the back and roofed (1986)

15 - West Stand terracing replaced by seating (1991)

16 - South Stand roof removed, replaced by a new one stretching back to River Don (1993)

17 - Kop and north-west corner terracing replaced by seating (1993)

18 - Grandstand built under new South Stand roof (1995)

Great idea Mr Kivo - would love to see that.

:Hirsty:

That's insane!! Played it a couple of times myself and that must of taken weeks!

And Kivo good look, if you can pull it off that would nearly be as good as the minecraft build ;)

My lads are 11 and 8 I showed that to them as they are big Minecraft fans - whoever did that has their total admiration - they kept shouting about how great some of the included features are - I couldn't understand what on earth they were talking about. :duntmatter:

My lads are 11 and 8 I showed that to them as they are big Minecraft fans - whoever did that has their total admiration - they kept shouting about how great some of the included features are - I couldn't understand what on earth they were talking about. :duntmatter:

Haha it can take a while to get into the swing of it lol