Centre Halfs & Full Backs V Brighton

I agree that conceding 2 goals a game is not good but chopping and changing may not be the answer. We've made that many new signings that it will take a little time to gel and I would give it another month before making some of the wholesale changes being banded around. Taylor should be brought in for the next match and seeing as Reda didn't play in our last game LB is up for grabs between Reda or Mattcock.

Guest GreenGoose

I reckon there will be 2 of: Buxton, Beevers, Llera, Reda. Plus 2 of: Lee Taylor Gardner Mattock.

Not a flipping clue which ones though. He will deffo want to bring in a couple of his signings and he has had time to work with them during the break. He hasn't signed Tiny for the bench.

I'm gonna get stick but I still reckon Gardner should be a starting CB. Before the season started I assumed it would be Buxton Gardner Llera Mattock.

Edited by GreenGoose

Guest Bald Owl

Reda, Llera, Taylor, as much as I like Buxton he was poor at Palace but have we any better like Torryowl kind of suggests. And all this nonsense about Kirkland is getting right on my flipping tit5! He is without doubt the best we've had in donkeys years.

Guest GreenGoose

I don't see DJ 'blooding' 2 new full backs in an away game.....will be brought in when we've got a couple of home games.

Whoever plays we are gonna have to be really on our game as Brighton look like they can bang em in for fun at the minute.

I think he is more likely to stick with Buxton and change LB. Mattock would have the advantage of being really up for the game against a former club but then again they will know a lot about him.

Guest GreenGoose

If we play Tiny and Gardener together against Brighton we will get completely arse raped pace wise. Thank god you ain't the manager.

Everyone is obsessed with pace!

Don't get me wrong, it is important obviously but Beevers is our fastest CB (fastest out of a slow bunch) but that doesn't make him first choice does it? Why don't we just play JJ at CB?!?!?

The goals keep coming from crosses, not balls in behind.

Guest GreenGoose

Just putting it out there..... Gardener and Taylor are DJ's signings and have played many games at this level. I'm glad I'm not the manager too!

We love Llera. We like Beevers. We are yet to form an opinion on Gardner and Taylor. Palace fans love Gardner. Watford fans love Taylor.

On paper it should be Gardner and Taylor.

In reality we need to sort out the best duo that we can stick in there and leave there for a few games.

Everyone is obsessed with pace!

Don't get me wrong, it is important obviously but Beevers is our fastest CB (fastest out of a slow bunch) but that doesn't make him first choice does it? Why don't we just play JJ at CB?!?!?

The goals keep coming from crosses, not balls in behind.

Fair point, but personally I would prefer a defender who was a big unit partnered with a defender with pace. Just me but Id feel more comfortable with that than having 2 big units who cant get back quickly.

I think he is more likely to stick with Buxton and change LB. Mattock would have the advantage of being really up for the game against a former club but then again they will know a lot about him.

I haven't got all the business about dropping Buxton....I was at Palace and he wasn't bad enough to be singled out to be dropped. With Mattock I suppose it's a 2 way thing, he'll also know a lot about who he's gonna be up against as well and might be the better choice.....however the crowd will be on his back from the first minute. Tough call I guess but guaranteed that however DJ picks will get a hammering by the boo boys if we don't win.

I'd like to see us make more of a game of it than the Palace show.....need to start at the same pace as them and play 2 up top IMO with perhaps McCabe or Rodri sitting out.