SWFC v Oldham - Player Ratings

Kirkland (8) - Excellent saves, no chance with goals. Handled & Distributed well

Buxton (6) - Improved second half - at fault for 2nd goal, not fit?

Llera (7) - Solid all round performance

Gardner (6) - Poor distribution - needs to improve

Reda (6) - Showed why he may be a weak link at left back - Fat Boy Cook did him too often!

JJ (7) - All round performance, tracked back well and didn't go for glory all the time

Semedo (6) - Poor first half, much better second, some good tackles

Pecnnik (7) - Showed some good vision, more comfortable in roaming position

Antonio (8) - Good performance and distrubition, showed some good pace and polished off with a good goal. Should have had a hat-trick and would have bagged me the 5-2 scoreline I bet on !!!!

Maguire (5) - Not given much chance, put himself about a bit.

Madine (4) - Clearly not fit

COG (8) MOM - Excellent performance, 2 good finishes, may silence a few of his boo boys?

Coke (6) - Didn't notice him much

Jones (5) - Not given a chance

All in all a shocking first half, better second without having to be great. Maybe 4-5-1 could be our formation this season?

A big up to COG for his perfomance, if he can play like that all the time then we will all be happy. A bit of pressure on him could be the trick!

Everyone's happy after all!

Edited by WayneTheOwl

Can't believe COG has any boo boys. As I always say he won two player of ther month awards, runner up in two others, scored vital goals in the derbies, against Huddersfield etc, scored and man of the match against premiership bound West Ham, had a good pre-season... yet people on here treat him as disposable. Should have started the game today and hope he finally gets a run of games under Jones now and any critics get off his back.

Can't believe COG has any boo boys. As I always say he won two player of ther month awards, runner up in two others, scored vital goals in the derbies, against Huddersfield etc, scored and man of the match against premiership bound West Ham, had a good pre-season... yet people on here treat him as disposable. Should have started the game today and hope he finally gets a run of games under Jones now and any critics get off his back.

I like him

But

He doesnt score enough

Owlstalk Shop

I like him

But

He doesnt score enough

Scored as many pre-season as any other player in our squad. Two goals in one game as of this season. Not to mention there is so much more to his game and what makes him a quality player. Why make any definitive statements?

Guest foreverSWFC

Kirkland- Two quality saves in the second half, looks a class keeper. Please stay fit.

Buxton- Very poor iin the first half, sloppy at times, but looked more solid after the break.

Gardner- Classy defender, calm and assured at the back.

Llera- looked dodgy in the first, but improved in the second half

Reda- All effort and good tackles but in possession he is woeful and cannot pass a ball for his life. Not going to cope at left back in the Championship.

Antonio- Slow getting into the game, but then turned into the Antonio we all love. Quick, strong, a real handful. Superb finish for the goal.

Semedo- Strong in the tackle, game passed him by in the first hald, then started to impose himself on the game a bit more and our performance improved.

Pecnik- Looked crap in the first half, atrocious penalty. Came out in the second and played well, playing key roles in our goals. I like the look of him.

JJ- Very good performance, got on the goalsheet and always looked dangerous.

Maguire- Wasn't in the game, got subbed early, one chance which he perhaps should have finished.

Madine- Got injured, did nothing.

O'Grady- Immense performance. Proved the doubters wrong again. A proper handful and showed why he should stay at the club. Way better than Harewood, always was, perhaps the COG bashers will begin to realise that now.

Coke- Normally his biggest critic, but looked tidy when he came on, anonymous for awhile, but started to get into the game and put a shift in.

M. Jones- Not enough time on the pitch.

O'Grady- Immense performance. Proved the doubters wrong again. A proper handful and showed why he should stay at the club. Way better than Harewood, always was, perhaps the COG bashers will begin to realise that now.

The least of his problems is the fans, rather our manager. Jones shunned him ever since he's been here (On Mandaric's orders?) even preferring to bring in the mediocre Nile Ranger and Harewood.

Guest wilyfox

what surprised me most were our full-backs - really poor tonight. Lee & Mattock should be rubbing their hands together after that showing...

chalk & cheese performance. praise for O'Grady & Antonio; pleased Pecnik improved 2nd half - he was gash in the 1st.

Guest York-owl-chris

I really wasn't impressed with Reda at all, poor passing. He did slightly improve in the second half though

Kirkland 8. 8

Buxton 5 4

Llera 7. 7

Gardener 6. 7

Reda 6. 5

jj 7. 7

semedo 6. 6

Pechnik 8. 6

Antonio 8. 7

Madine 4 (COG 8). Madine 4 cog 9

Maguire 4 (Coke 6) maguire 4 coke 7