Professional Development League Division 2 North

Yup, this is a new venture which our club is a part of.

After 140 years of reserve team football, and nearly 70 yeas of youth team football, it seems the two have been merged together to form a Development Squad, which will feature in a new competition.

This season, as part of our application to gain Level 2 status in the new Elite Player Performance Plan (EPPP), we will see a Wednesday U21 side enter the new Development League, run by the Premier League.

The format is as follows -

Professional U21 Development League 1 - 23 Level 1 EPPP clubs (mostly Premier League clubs), split into three regional groups (Groups 1, 2 & 3)

Professional U21 Development League 2 - 23 Level 2 EPPP clubs (mostly Championship clubs), split into two regional groups (South and North - Wednesday's division)

Professional U21 Development League 3 (formerly the Central League - Wednesday's old reserve league) - 17 northern Level 3 EPPP clubs (mostly League 1 and League 2 clubs)

I'm not sure what the EPPP level 3 clubs in the south are doing.

This is a bit of a nightmare for me to be honest.

I have my records split into four sections - First Team, Reserve team, Third team and Youth Team.

It now seems i'm going to have to create a new section for the Development Team.

Anyhow, teams are allowed to field three overage players and one overage goalkeeper.

Our first fixture is against Birmingham next Saturday morning - 11am at Middlewood Road.

Yup, this is a new venture which our club is a part of.

After 140 years of reserve team football, and nearly 70 yeas of youth team football, it seems the two have been merged together to form a Development Squad, which will feature in a new competition.

This season, as part of our application to gain Level 2 status in the new Elite Player Performance Plan (EPPP), we will see a Wednesday U21 side enter the new Development League, run by the Premier League.

Professional U21 Development League 1 - 23 Level 1 EPPP clubs (mostly Premier League clubs), split into three regional groups (Groups 1, 2 & 3)

Professional U21 Development League 2 - 23 Level 2 EPPP clubs (mostly Championship clubs), split into two regional groups (South and North - Wednesday's division)

Professional U21 Development League 3 (formerly the Central League - Wednesday's old reserve league) - 17 northern Level 3 EPPP clubs (mostly League 1 and League 2 clubs)

This is a bit of a nightmare for me to be honest.

I have my records split into four sections - First Team, Reserve team, Third team and Youth Team.

It now seems i'm going to have to create a new section for the Development Team.

Anyhow, teams are allowed to field three overage players and one overage goalkeeper.

Our first fixture is against Birmingham next Saturday morning - 11am at Middlewood Road.

Sounds good but I thought we were one of a few clubs to have a development squad so how can there be more than one league

Haha love this thread. You do some good stuff Kivo! Love the little vid as well of "you"

Reminds me of a thread where you were slagging Bennet off when he first came. I said how good he could be.

Turns out you were correct. Fair play to you for not digging that thread up!

Haha love this thread. You do some good stuff Kivo! Love the little vid as well of "you"

Reminds me of a thread where you were slagging Bennet off when he first came. I said how good he could be.

Turns out you were correct. Fair play to you for not digging that thread up!

I'm better than that mate.

Sounds good but I thought we were one of a few clubs to have a development squad so how can there be more than one league

Every club that is cat 1 or 2 must run a development squad - and more than a few clubs are very unhappy about it

Guest chapeltom

Development games aren't supposed to be played on the same day as a the first team fixture

Maybe home development games aren't supposed to be played on the same day as a home first team fixture. Cos a number of the 11ams at Middlewood are on dates of away games for us.

Actually Kivo the cat 1 clubs haven't been regionalised - and i'm pretty sure they are joined by cat 2 (provisional) clubs

Gareth Fucking Southgate has a lot to answer for - and he's fucked off out of it now