Professional Development League Division 2 North

Every club that is cat 1 or 2 must run a development squad - and more than a few clubs are very unhappy about it

So if blunts had made it up they would offhand to of fooked off their 'famous' academy??

Every club that is cat 1 or 2 must run a development squad - and more than a few clubs are very unhappy about it

So if blunts had made it up they would offhand to of fooked off their 'famous' academy??

Categories are decided by fulfilling relevant criteria - this is assessed by external auditors and fed back to the FA

Clubs must have a development squad to qualify for either cat 1 or 2 - which is barmy.

The FA always manage to make a complete mess of everything they do - a lot of clubs are unhappy about having to run a development squad but some are doing it just because they have to - while others are even thinking of downgrading their status because they are so against having to run a development squad

From the fan's forum Dave Jones was dead set against a reserve team. He said having to play your players in those fixtures to maintain fitness on similar dates to match days made no sense to him. And I guess it makes sense.

Both he and MM seemed optimistic about getting the next academy status up in order to attract local and nationwide young talent to progress the club.

I guess that coupled with the new structure is why we've seen the influx of all the new development squad players (Lavery, Harry ? from Swindon, Bastion Hery etc)

I'm no expert but its got to be better than the old reserve league hasn't it?