kick " STAT'S out of football

Guest cypress hill

Guest cypress hill

in summat i'v just made up 100% of football fans, want to look at the score at the end of a match & if we'v scored more than them everybody's happy

don't let the media get in your head with all this STAT's nonsense

thank you for you'r co-operation

Agree

"Spain have passed the ball 8 million times with a pass completion rate of 93%"

Never tell you that 7,999,995 of them are 2 yards, inside their own half, back and forwards between Iniesta and Alonso.

Personally i'd rather Wednesday scored 100% of the goals and let the opposition have every other stat.

Edited by Lawrie Madden

Stats can prove anything with stats and even make the pigs look good. Don't always believe what you see stats wise. Which would you rather watch a team that scores with 100% of its chances but only has 1 shot a game or one that scores with 10% of it's chances but has 10 shots per games.

Agree

"Spain have passed the ball 8 million times with a pass completion rate of 93%"

Never tell you that 7,999,995 of them are 2 yards, inside their own half, back and forwards between Iniesta and Alonso.

Personally i'd rather Wednesday scored 100% of the goals and let the opposition have every other stat.

However, Spain have won 100% of the last 2 major tournaments with this style and have reached the final of this one, it seems to work for them.

By contrast in the same competitions England's tactics of giving the opposition most of the ball by passing to them rather than their team mates has resulted in failure, go figure!