"Safe Standing" at football

I know we don't have a problem as big as that lot do, we do still have fans that refuse to stand because there is a seat there. This causes grief for those who want to stand and try to generate an atmosphere, but now block the view of the person behind.

We can all come up with a logical way to solve this ie: If you want to sit then get the seats at the front and if you want to stand, then do so at the back. However, there is another way that would forever solve this argument. There is a company that believes their design has the criteria that fits the health and safety bullshite, but allows fans to stand.

If the relative authority figures were to realise that we are not just mindless animals that attend football then there may be a possibility of getting the Kop for instance all standing, while others would be left seated on the North and South.

I have posted a link to their petition below. If you think this is a runner, please sign the petition and help us get standing back into football grounds.

http://www.fsf.org.uk/petitions/safestanding.php?id=&page=sign

signed.

However SWFC fans have been standing safely at away games for years, would still love to do the same at Hillsborough though.

It is safer because they are standing at allocated seats so there aren't that many people compared to how many fit in a proper standing zone. Would be great though, to see.

Don't they do it in Germany?

It is safer because they are standing at allocated seats so there aren't that many people compared to how many fit in a proper standing zone. Would be great though, to see.

Don't they do it in Germany?

Correct you are.

Basically this design means you can stand like you used to on the terrace, but on a row like you do with the seats these days. The design is made so that if health an safety advise for a big match that we need the ground seated then we could just flip the seats down.

Research has shown it's actually safer to stand all the time than it is to constantly sit down/stand up during moments of excitement.

Having a barrier rather than just a seat to stop people falling forwards makes it safer still.

It's a no brainer.

Unfortunately the powers that be don't ever apply thought and logic to anything to do with football.

signed.

However SWFC fans have been standing safely at away games for years, would still love to do the same at Hillsborough though.

We have, but I have been asked to sit down on a couple of occassions, which to be honest with you really pissed me off. All that would have done would blocked my view as the person sat in front was stood!

Still get some miserable sods! Would be great to get this on atleast one stand at the fortress.

Research has shown it's actually safer to stand all the time than it is to constantly sit down/stand up during moments of excitement.

Having a barrier rather than just a seat to stop people falling forwards makes it safer still.

It's a no brainer.

Unfortunately the powers that be don't ever apply thought and logic to anything to do with football.

Oh, those pesky dodgy knee emergencies!

Unfortunately the bigwigs at the top see football fans as mindless thugs, so they treat us like animals....... and it was due to this that we were caged as such and caused a devastating disaster.

They need to get their heads out of the 70s.

Has this thread been cleared with HJC?

No football fan wants to see standing return. To do that would be an insult to the 96 who died.

Not my opinion, the statement was made by Margaret Aspinall on Talksport the last time this debate cropped up. She obviously missed me off her survey, but I'm assuming all you lot got to give your views.

No football fan wants to see standing return. To do that would be an insult to the 96 who died.

Not my opinion, the statement was made by Margaret Aspinall on Talksport the last time this debate cropped up. She obviously missed me off her survey, but I'm assuming all you lot got to give your views.

She's clearly someone who's never been to football. If she has she must have been to Arsenal.

Pretty controversial of her to say the entire Liverpool kop insults the 96 every single match.

She's clearly someone who's never been to football. If she has she must have been to Arsenal.

Liverpool fans stand on their kop too..

Aspinall, god I fecking hate her - "it's offensive to the 96 this" "offensive to the 96 that". Yeah I'm aware her kid died and in that sense, I'm sorry - but can't she just get over it now? 23 years is a long time to grieve.